zrara's fall at Burghley....pics...

I would say that that was actually a 'good' fall' providing the horse doesnt turn up lame.

Nobody was seriously hurt and both were on their feet relatively quickly.:)

Nikki xxxx

i'd say it hurt a fair bit...

To me seriously hurt is blood/broken bones/lame horse etc.

I have taken a good many tumbles myself. She will be stiff and sore but she wasnt seriously injured.

Just my take on things tho :)

Nikki xxx

i didnt say "seriously" hurt...i said hurt a fair bit...

i feel off and nearly broke my back so i know what serious is! lol

What makes me giggle about these picture is everyone's face in the back ground :eek: haha , wasnt nice to watch tho , hairs on my arms stood up haha.

That saddle is going to need alot of cleaning.

It is funny looking at the crowds reactions, slow motion almost lol. Camera also suddenly appear!!!

Looks horrible !!!!!

Have to ask... Why is Zara's fall/s a talking point??

something special about her??

was going to ask the same:confused:

there were a few people who fell at that fence

I should imagine its because the media made such a fuss about her falling and being royalty etc etc and the people who werent at the show heard only about this fall?? its not like her or the horse broke anything....i have fallen like that before... and i should think many other NR members have

Yeah - I think 8 riders in all either had a run-out or a fall at that fence (Coutts Corner) . . . I heard that the course designer was thinking of taking it out next year - or at least seriously revising it. It's three or four separate, hopelessly skinny elements and not at all inviting for the horses.

N

Over the same fence I thought william fox pitts horse was going to fall on it's head where the horse just didn't pick up in front it was only through fantastic riding and unbeleavable stickability on his part that he managed to carry the horse over and carry on like nothing had happened!!

newrider.com