zrara's fall at Burghley....pics...

oh yes im so sorry for posting it just incase some people dont find it interesting *rolls eyes*

i actually though the photos were brilliant images and thought some people may like to see?

or you could say im vindictive and not a fan of hers so i posted it for my own sadistic pleasure.

whichever pleases you .

theres a post about it over at horse&hound too so im not the only one.

and no not only zara fell...how about this awful fall by anna warnecke?

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/YZ8Rb-LH6YN/Burghley+Horse+Trials/8f2mGSUEiNK/Anna+Warnecke

Last edited:
oh yes im so sorry for posting it just incase some people dont find it interesting *rolls eyes*

i actually though the photos were brilliant images and thought some people may like to see?

or you could say im vindictive and not a fan of hers so i posted it for my own sadistic pleasure.

whichever pleases you .

theres a post about it over at horse&hound too so im not the only one.

and no not only zara fell...how about this awful fall by anna warnecke?

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/YZ8Rb-LH6YN/Burghley+Horse+Trials/8f2mGSUEiNK/Anna+Warnecke

There's no need for sarcasm :rolleyes: people fall off all the time, but it's not regarded as a must-be-talked-about.... she's royalty... probably only being talked about falling off, for the same reason her mum was... Nothing about her being a good rider, huh?? Tell you one thing.... you may not like her, but i dont see you competeing at Burghley... would you?? if you gt a chance to go round that course would you do it, at that height?? many of us wouldnt for one reason or another....

Im glad she's ok, i know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a nasty fall.

actually yes i would compete at burghley and i'd love too, and badminton and blenheim....i have said that im going to start competeting again and take up eventing once again, im sure theres plenty of eventers on here who would go around burghley given the chance! yes i almost broke my back when i was was eventing first time around, but if you dont get over it you dont get anywhere do you?

some riders are braver than others eh.

I should imagine its because the media made such a fuss about her falling and being royalty etc etc and the people who werent at the show heard only about this fall?? its not like her or the horse broke anything....i have fallen like that before... and i should think many other NR members have

Not to forget she is World Eventing Champion - perhaps that's why? Supposedly one of top 5 riders, and she fell - thats why!! :rolleyes:

Would only be the same if any other world champion sports person was to make a mistake - the media love to capitalise on others failures remember!

yep add to the recent facts that she was sports personality of the year and missed the olympics...

I think the original posted will have posted for those of us who are interested - not everyone likes the same things. I don't particularly like doing Dressage but I love watching it and seeing pictures of it, good and bad!
The forum is here for people to share all things horsey - I really don't think it warranted a debate...
Posted titled it Zara's fall at Burghley, so if you don't like her why click through to look?
Photographer will make money off getting a mistake made by her for two reasons:
a) she is world champ
b) she is royalty
Everyone has expectations of her, so seeing her make a mistake will be 'interesting' for some, and others just like the fact its not just us amateurs that fall off!! ;-)
So what if they make their money by the most sought after photos?!?! What about all the pictures of disasters and other riders falls?
If you dont like it, no one is making you look...

well said :)

as a photographer myself...i certainly wish i'd got a hard copy of that fall on my CF card!!!!

I watched this on TV it’s not nice to see anyone fall off a horse, but the photos are fab and very interesting. I bet the photographer could not believe it.

the photographer had probably chosen to wait at that fence and hope to get a shot like that...but being a royal it made it worth a lot more

Perhaps it is also a bit ironic in that, Zara's dad deisgned the course and yet she still fell....
There is also a lot of public interest in Zara Philips and perhaps the OP was trying to be nice and show people Zara's "latest exploits".

She's had abit of an unlucky time what with that and the olympics hasn't she?
Still, so many riders and horses had problems there I'm not surprised they're thinking of revising it.. the ground being so slippy probably made it doubly tricky.
I have alot of respect for her and the other riders for even trying, I'll excuse them the odd fall! :D Love the pictures.

ETA: :eek: just watched anna warneke's fall!!!! That must have hurt! :eek:

Last edited:
Zara is a fantastic rider. As are many of the others. Can't believe that people are on here saying they don't like her???
a) they probably don't know her &
b) she won't give a s**t
She's fab & brave, the horse is fab & brave and with so many fatal falls in eventing we all should be grateful that both got up and walked away unscathed. She by the nature of being Royal has brought much appreciated media n awareness to the sport and that should be encouraged. It just so happens that shes a boody good rider too and being Royal doesn't buy that!!

Zara is a fantastic rider. As are many of the others. Can't believe that people are on here saying they don't like her???
a) they probably don't know her &
b) she won't give a s**t
She's fab & brave, the horse is fab & brave and with so many fatal falls in eventing we all should be grateful that both got up and walked away unscathed. She by the nature of being Royal has brought much appreciated media n awareness to the sport and that should be encouraged. It just so happens that shes a boody good rider too and being Royal doesn't buy that!!

heh no but being a royal buys...

. no work involved, you have people to do that for you
. all the time in the world to train
. training with all the top instructors/coaches
. gauranteed media coverage/interest, sponsorship etc etc
. actually the money buys most things....

i think harry and william are somewhat "braver" by risking their lives in the armed forces.

I dont think it was such a bad fall for her, she came straight out the side door and rolled, the horse on the other hand...ouch!:eek:
I hate seeing them land on their head like that, it could do some serious damage!
Daisy dicks fall was quite bad i thought...for the horse anyway

but to vixie...you cant say that zara has only gotton where she is because shes a royal, obviously that helped, but it could only get her so far. If she was a crap rider then how could she actually get the title of world champion and make it round these HUGE XC courses in one piece?

SL x

heh no but being a royal buys...

. no work involved, you have people to do that for you
. all the time in the world to train
. training with all the top instructors/coaches
. gauranteed media coverage/interest, sponsorship etc etc
. actually the money buys most things....

i think harry and william are somewhat "braver" by risking their lives in the armed forces.

Being a member of the royal family may buy you lessons/good horses etc but it will not buy you the skill and guts to ride around burghley or even have the guts to try! it takes skill which given no amount of money could some people do this!

She is amazing I think! one of my favourites. And what harry and william decide to do with their life is up to them.....they are all doing their own thing and they are not letting being royalty get in the way, Zara for one is very very down to earth and she isn't a snob like some ppl would think!

She's fine and the horse is fine and as far as i know so are the rest that fell.....I think? unless n e one knows any different I didnt go! :(

i didnt see daisy dicks fall, but i think the worst was def anna warnecke by far

newrider.com