13.1ish hh = 5'3" ???

Sorry no pictures as im not at home.
My two are 12.2hh and 12.3hh and i'm 5ft 6 and about 9 and a half stone atm.
They both carry me fine and one still gallops and bucks with me when he's excited and the other still bolts off with me.
you're fine!
x

well, i', 5ft6 ish 9 stone ish and my pony is 13.1hh
i am constantly getting comments [normally from one or two people in particular] that "you're abit big for him now arn't you?" "*insert name here* should ride him"
my reply is simply "he would be the first to tell me if he isn't happy"
:rolleyes: people
we jump courses up to 2ft9, and have jumped 3ft3 + singles etc.
100_1266.jpg

100_1269.jpg

and a side on pic [fatty has his head down :rolleyes:
100_1264.jpg

these pics were taken 2 weeks ago maybe slightly more.

you're fine on your pony :D

x

Isnt it amazing that they still grab grass when on the move. I was lunging the other day in canter and he was still grabbing the grass!!

Lovely pics.

Aww I’m 5 8 and was riding my friends very feisty 13.2 Welsh section A For a while. I’m 70kg and she seemed very capable and happy to run amuck with my weight ( I was actually happy to be closer to the floor in case of emergency dismounts from that madam…🤣🤣)

Reactions: Huggy
Very old thread.

Today I had the opposite. Vet, yo and I were chatting about highland ponies. I said I would quite like a proper show quality ridden highland pony. Yo told me I should as my horse is far too big for me, I don’t need a horse that size.

I don’t think it matters a jot what other people think. As long as the horse can comfortably carry you does it matter?

newrider.com