2002 ~~~2019 sarry has gone

Misha

Nov 28, 2018
I dont normally post on here much but a few of u will remember my posts about my chestnut appaloosa ( sarry ) saracen sadly we have had to pts on sunday
Hed been living out 24/7 during summer with our other horse and 2 other horses.
On Friday we brought him in for the weekend I noticed he was a bit quiet but that wasnt unusual for him, however he showed no interest on Saturday with his haulage when he usually did and ate the lot saturday night we made him 2 more haynets up for through the night sunday morning he was layed down in his stable and hadn't touched any of his hay but hed eaten his feed he struggled to get up and he was breathing heavy and running a temp the vet came out checked his heart rate that was ( 48 ) then his temp which was high referred him to leehurst tto go that day he also had cow pat poos took 2 hours to load him once at leehurst they said hed collitus and was serious they started to treat him by then his heart rate had gone up to 58 we decided to pts to stop any more suffering hed had lots of problems as some of u know we are totally heart broken by his passing our other horse was stressed but seems ok now and has the other 2 to keep him company it's just so hard on us all R.I.P beautiful boy

• Sad
Reactions: Cortrasna

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
So terribly sorry. We always know to expect the heartbreak, but it's still a sledgehammer when it comes. Rip Sarry, fun free over that bridge.

Reactions: Misha

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
So very sorry to read this - heartbreaking when we loose them in any way but even more so when we weren't expecting it. RIP Saracen. :( x

Reactions: Misha

Misha

Nov 28, 2018
Yes its devastated us dosent seem real at the mo but least hes free from pain now and it would of been selfish to carry on with him trying to get him 100% again with his other problems too he had a good 12 month of happy life with us had everything he needed and wanted he owes us nothing the decision wasnt taken lightly and he had to come 1st

• Sad
Reactions: Cortrasna

Misha

Nov 28, 2018
Thank you it's just really hard at the mo we just feel so lost he wasnt just a horse to us he was our baby just like our other one is some people dont understand but it's just like loosing a family member it's so heart breaking were going to concentrate on our other and give him double the love