2002 ~~~2019 sarry has gone

Misha

Nov 28, 2018
I dont normally post on here much but a few of u will remember my posts about my chestnut appaloosa ( sarry ) saracen sadly we have had to pts on sunday
Hed been living out 24/7 during summer with our other horse and 2 other horses.
On Friday we brought him in for the weekend I noticed he was a bit quiet but that wasnt unusual for him, however he showed no interest on Saturday with his haulage when he usually did and ate the lot saturday night we made him 2 more haynets up for through the night sunday morning he was layed down in his stable and hadn't touched any of his hay but hed eaten his feed he struggled to get up and he was breathing heavy and running a temp the vet came out checked his heart rate that was ( 48 ) then his temp which was high referred him to leehurst tto go that day he also had cow pat poos took 2 hours to load him once at leehurst they said hed collitus and was serious they started to treat him by then his heart rate had gone up to 58 we decided to pts to stop any more suffering hed had lots of problems as some of u know we are totally heart broken by his passing our other horse was stressed but seems ok now and has the other 2 to keep him company it's just so hard on us all R.I.P beautiful boy

• Sad
Reactions: Cortrasna
So terribly sorry. We always know to expect the heartbreak, but it's still a sledgehammer when it comes. Rip Sarry, fun free over that bridge.

Reactions: Misha
leehurst sunday night just before he was pts

Attachments

• IMG-20191020-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20191020-WA0002.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20191020-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20191020-WA0001.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 13
  • Sad
So very sorry to read this - heartbreaking when we loose them in any way but even more so when we weren't expecting it. RIP Saracen. :( x

Reactions: Misha
Yes its devastated us dosent seem real at the mo but least hes free from pain now and it would of been selfish to carry on with him trying to get him 100% again with his other problems too he had a good 12 month of happy life with us had everything he needed and wanted he owes us nothing the decision wasnt taken lightly and he had to come 1st

• Sad
Thank you it's just really hard at the mo we just feel so lost he wasnt just a horse to us he was our baby just like our other one is some people dont understand but it's just like loosing a family member it's so heart breaking were going to concentrate on our other and give him double the love

Well its been 3 and a half month roughly since sarry galloped free over rainbow bridge .not a day goes by were I dont think of him actually hes on my mind 24/7 I miss him terribly I constantly scan fields up and down when passing them to see if I can see him ( even tho I know I wont ) or a horse that remotely looks like he did :( I still cant bare to look at his pics or the canvas of him on our living room wall that my fiance had done for me iv got a lock of his mane and some of his fur in a frame and one of his shoes attached inside of the frame also but I'm finding it really hard to pick it up and look at it iv got his rug under the table were his frame is still in the sealed bag it came bk from leehurst in after he was pts his head collar is hung up I n the living room too some days are easier than others some days i smile when i think of him others I just cry it hurts so bad I just hope I'm not on my own feeling like this after loosing a horse

I'm a year on from losing my dear Ramsey - it's still hard to accept, I know how you feel. Everyone copes in different ways - I found it comforting to make a frame with pictures and tail hair and shoe, but maybe you need more time. I felt my effort was a tribute to him, showing him how much he meant to me. (Dammit - I'm tearing up!)
Keep reminding yourself not only that you were lucky to have him, but he was lucky to have you. Your sadness is a tribute in itself - shows how much he was loved.

Reactions: Misha and Trewsers
You're not alone in feeling like you do. Joe has been gone now for nine years and I think of him most days. I don't cry the same as I used to over him, but I still ache sometimes. I have a star that I call Joe. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to see it when we moved up here but I can still see it. It's very bright and twinkly. They are always with us. One day @Misha you will look at his things and smile each time - I know this because that's what happened to me. I used to fill up when I opened his tack box because of the smell and looking at his stuff. But now I smile and remember all the funny and nice things.xxx

Reactions: Misha and Huggy
You are most definitely not alone. I still have Bo's tail in a box somewhere, it's been 7 years and I still can't bring myself to get it made into something although I want to, it just makes me sad to be reminded of the loss.

newrider.com