2014 aims ...

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
So whats yours? Horsey and non horsey.

Horsey I would like to do some ridden shows with Womble. The weekly jumping season starts on the 1st may and I would like to be able to hack there sanely, jump round a couple of classes and come home safely. Would like to hit a 75cm class :)

Id like to finally get rid of the rest of my debt. I have about 3k to get rid of then im debt free!! And get a little car :)

Over to you. Whats your 2014 aims

The usual lose weight :frown:

To actually pull my trailer with Daisy in it for some beach/forest hacks (have owned trailer two years and have had tow hitch fitted 18 months now):happy:

To refill 2 out of three of our empty bedrooms (we support adults with LD in our home)

To visit my friend who emigrated to Canada last year

For Storm to remain comfortable being lightly ridden. For us all to hack out around our fields, by that I mean with Chloe in hand with Mr T. For Mr T to get riding again, and for us to find a suitable horse and be able to afford it comfortably.

Non horsey, for my hair to stop falling out and look normal again. For Mr T to stay healthy and not be bed bound again through his UC. For his depression to ease.
Also aiming for us both to make a go of decorating the house sufficiently for it to look good enough to market eventually!!! Tho I don't hold out much hope for my painting skills....
Aiming for our business to keep going, this year has been about the roughest yet and during the summer we hit rock bottom money wise. Things can only look rosier in 2014 surely?!!!

Always a good thread.....

Horsey for me:
Keep our horses happy and healthy and sound. Enjoy some shows with them and show what Jeannie is capable of lol. Get them over their separation anxiety at shows and hopefully have a win with Annie :biggrin:

Non horsey:
Keep my colitis under control. No injuries for me or OH. Spend more time with family and those that matter. Avoid those who bring you down and bring negative bitchiness into your lives. Keep work on a healthy balance with home life and not let it make me ill again.

To get out hacking. Getting there slowly, she is gaining confidence. So it would be nice to tack up and go exploring as oppose to her wanting to turn round every chance she gets. She is known as the homing pony so we won't ever get lost.

Get her jumping a tiny course and then move on to no tack.

Horsey : I'm just not sure. Deep down I hope that I can get Rubic back to very light ridden work again. If I can't I think I will either need to find a horse I can ride consistently (but since I have no money I doubt that will happen as there aren't many horses round here you can share in exchange for just yard chores) or give up riding.

Non horsey: I've had a :poop: year aside from Rubic too. I was taken for a total mug by my ex. He lived off me, brought me down and made me feel guilty for spending time with Rubic or my horsey friends. In 2014 I think I'm just going to be selfish :tongue: I'm going to look after myself better, eat more healthily, exercise etc. I generally need to feel better about myself. I need to try and get my finances back on track too after all the vet bills and paying for the ex etc. I really hope I can make 2014 a better year for me!

Last edited:
I remember replying to a similar thread this time and my goal was to have my own horse and I do now :biggrin: my lovely Happy Appy! :bounce:

Horsey goals:

Work on getting my position really good.

Continue walk to canter transition schooling.

Start jumping more smallish courses at yard with aim to get out later in spring and do some 60-70cm local non affil sj comps.

Continue schooling Cyrus in turn on forehand and leg yielding, and get his left side 'stronger' as he is weaker off leg on that side.

Non Horsey goals:

Get through my 3rd year of part time psychology degree and try to keep on track for getting a 1st. Final year is next year.

Get up in mornings when my alarm goes off :giggle:

Try to not get stressed so much about little things!

For my pony to get better and be as happy as he can be and to try and not get too depressed about it all

Have just purchased my first set of clippers :dance: Having practised with a non cordless set, i'm going for the re-chargeable set. Just going to gnaw or sit on my hands whilst i'm waiting for them to arrive :giggle:

newrider.com