2014 highlights!

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
It's almost 2015!!!!
What did you achieve/complete or your highlights of 2014! It can be horsey related or just general.

For me:
Horsey;
Had my geogous gelding 18 months now.
Me and sox moved yards; both of us going from been very unhappy at that yard to a yard with much less facilities but where both very happy!
My confidence in jumping has slowly increased!

Non horsey:
Found myself a bf!
Left a job doing permanent nights to a day job and one that I love!
Got my 2nd car
Seen my distance family more

Sounds like you've had a good year really.
Horsey highs:
Storm is much looser and happier than she has been for a long while which I think is the result of 24/7 turnout and devils claw
Chloe just gets better and better. I could not love an animal more and her character has really developed so much. She is so good to handle and lets us do her poorly legs when they need doing without much fuss at all

Non horsey highs:
Getting the house finished and finally making a decision. Feels good!

Lows:
OH still can't afford a ridden horse - but hopefully that will change

Non horsey:
MIL exceeded herself in the annoying department on more than one occasion!
Breaking toes: just hellish and annoying as I couldn't do stuff fast enough

It has been a good year for you by the sounds of it :)

Horsey highs..
ALE IS ALMOST COMPLETELY 'FIXED' started the year with him on complete box rest, not even sure if I Would ride him again and are ending it with me hacking and just starting to canter him under saddle again :D

Another high is how much more I have hacked him this year, despite his injury and how I am still finding the motivation to ride even now its winter, I usually struggle.

I'm not going to lie, this year has been utterly rubbish for me and I'll be glad to see the back of it! Horses are not really a part of my life and I can't see them being there in the near future either.

I did start the karaoke which does have its positive points.

We'll see what next year brings.

General things..

Saved a cat hit by a car
Rescued an abandoned puppy and found him a great home
Ran a half marathon in 2 hours and raised £300 for cancer research
Cycled from London to Brighton and raised £200 for BHF
Won 9 rosettes for photography competitions
Saw a baby elephant that was a few hours old
Swam in the sea in Spain :D

Started my new job - was apprehensive - but now I love it - job of my dreams.

Bought a house with land. another childhood dream o never thought would happen.

Madam is very close to keeping her hair until Christmas (she has lost her coat before Christmas for past three years!)

I have three new rabbits :)

Too much, I'm a super lucky girl! :):)

Hmm, this year has been a real mixed bag:

Lows:
Pete had laminitis twice in the summer & failed to move yards (a case of 'have transport, won't travel' ... Yet!)
My 2 year relationship came to an unforeseen & unexpected end
My Grandmother & Aunt died
I moved away from my childhood house & town (that's a low & a high)
Our family dog got PTS
One of my best childhood friend's is no longer a best friend after discovering a significant amount of lies & trouble making
One of my oldest friends got diagnosed with cancer

Highs:
Pete is now happier & healthier than ever & making some real progress in his work :)
I bought a trailer - just got to persuade Petr that loading is a fun thing. & travelling doesn't mean he'll get passed from pillar to post again
I've moved away from my childhood town & house into a lovely rural village & it is very pretty (it's also at times a little isolating & I'm a fair distance from my friends)
I've got a new job - amazing team & more money :)
I might have lost a friend or two, but the friends I have & gained this year are amazing
Relationship wise - is looking up too, early days but fingers crossed :)

Thus year had been crazy - but I think it's one of those years where it's been horrible to go through, but I've learnt and grown a lot as a person. I just hope 2015 is more 'fun' & less 'character building' ...

I'm not going to lie, this year has been utterly rubbish for me and I'll be glad to see the back of it! Horses are not really a part of my life and I can't see them being there in the near future either.

I did start the karaoke which does have its positive points.

We'll see what next year brings.

Hope it gets better for you.

Horse wise, 2014 has been the most amazing year. I bought my lorry at the end of 2013 and 2014 has been all about using it. We have been out practically every weekend, often twice a week. We have visited 15 different venues, participated in dressage, jumping, showing, drill rides, clinics, horse agility and even went xc schooling. I joined a very friendly riding club and have made some really nice new friends. We won 22 rosettes, had 4 people offer to buy Ben - one even got out a cheque book and told me to name my price.

Next year I just want to do more of the same and just carry on having lots of fun. I want to do more of everything - there just isn't enough hours in the week to fit it all in! Most of all I want to do a mini event and consistently improve our dressage scores. If I am feeling really brave I might even do a sponsored ride!

I feel so lucky for all I have and am making the very most of it.

The last 14 months have been pretty soul destroying for me, I am keeping everything crossed that 2015 is significantly better for me and I am going into it with determination to make it happen (though I have no idea how I will make it happen yet!)

Reactions: PePo
We bought our dream equestrian property. 15 acres, arena, gorgeous solid wood stable block, hay barn. I can see my boys from my bedroom and they are so much more chilled and relaxed. Non horsey, well getting engaged and getting a dog are major highlights. Moving jobs was a wrench too. Still miss my old pupils but finally feeling settled in new school.

2015, well I'd like to do some more inter dressage with Toby. My fiancé wants to get me some transport so possibly check out the local riding clubs as well. But really just want to enjoy our house :)

The last 14 months have been pretty soul destroying for me, I am keeping everything crossed that 2015 is significantly better for me and I am going into it with determination to make it happen (though I have no idea how I will make it happen yet!)

I wish good things for you for next year. There are a few areas I could do to get better - lets hope it is a better one.

Reactions: Jessey
Hmm, this year has been a real mixed bag:

Lows:
Pete had laminitis twice in the summer & failed to move yards (a case of 'have transport, won't travel' ... Yet!)
My 2 year relationship came to an unforeseen & unexpected end
My Grandmother & Aunt died
I moved away from my childhood house & town (that's a low & a high)
Our family dog got PTS
One of my best childhood friend's is no longer a best friend after discovering a significant amount of lies & trouble making
One of my oldest friends got diagnosed with cancer

Highs:
Pete is now happier & healthier than ever & making some real progress in his work :)
I bought a trailer - just got to persuade Petr that loading is a fun thing. & travelling doesn't mean he'll get passed from pillar to post again
I've moved away from my childhood town & house into a lovely rural village & it is very pretty (it's also at times a little isolating & I'm a fair distance from my friends)
I've got a new job - amazing team & more money :)
I might have lost a friend or two, but the friends I have & gained this year are amazing
Relationship wise - is looking up too, early days but fingers crossed :)

Thus year had been crazy - but I think it's one of those years where it's been horrible to go through, but I've learnt and grown a lot as a person. I just hope 2015 is more 'fun' & less 'character building' ...

That sounds like an eventful year!

In 2014 I:
Moved house and love the new one :)
Did an ironman as part of a relay o_O
Ran a 74 mile ultra marathon :confused::confused:
Allowed the girls to start riding again - this time they have stuck at it :D:D
Ridden TWO WHOLE TIMES :rolleyes:

I have decided to let the girls have a pony and will make sure it is suitable for all 3 of us so I can start doing some 'real' riding again.

So 2015 will be Year Of The Pony.....:p

Lows

My dad's health is getting worse
Chanter running through the fence and nearly killing himself
Ginger Pony getting a virus and being off for 6 weeks
My husband and I nearly breaking up in June.

Highs
Both ponies are now fine and better than ever
Ginger and I have won so many ribbons I don't have room for them and got over 61% in every novice test we entered
Ginger and I now jump 90cm and do XC
My husband and I seem to have come through the worst of the bad times
We had an amazing holiday together
All three dogs are still with us
I am not deploying next year

2015 - More of the highs less of the lows

Highlight for me..

Met Jess ( Lunan's new rider)

Spring started showing got some great results with Mz Eva Diva and Lunan

Plucked up the courage too tackle my solo hacking on the main road fears

Got chickens for my garden :D finally :D

Lunan started doing Working hunter pony classes and got placed at all the classes he did ( fantastic combination jess and Lunan)

Did my first ConcoursD'Elegance Inhand classes with Eva and Lunan got placed and qualified for Equestrian Life summer Champs.

Summer I got a beautiful Highland pony on loan Kincardine Melody and she soon took over the herd. She has the moost fantastic personality, so loving, cheeky. Took her to her first show with us and she came a very respectable 4th place after Eva and Lunan who were 2nd and 3rd :D

Lunan went hunter trailing with Jess first time ever and came home with 2 x 5th place at his first ever go ( so so proud)

Made some new horsey friends so now have company when we hack out :D plus planning a pony games day :)

Lost 2 1/2 stones this summer :D

Lows

Fell off Eva and hurt my back and bust a rib :( No riding all of Nov, Dec and most of Jan probably :(

Last edited:
newrider.com