2017 Hacking/ Riding Challenge.... Add your photos too

NO Play or riding the last couple of days
With the snow and nasty blowing winds.:(:mad:

We have gone into a deep freeze snap for a few days it's 9f real temp right now
And will be arctic cold for a few days.

Any play well be very quiet and low key
On a calm day.
I would not want him sucking really cold air in his lungs hooking around.

BUT as nasty as it will be HERE
Omg
Erie Pa has gotten 50:eek::eek: inches of snow since midnight Christmas and it's
Still snowing.:(

Lots of vibes for everyone out THERE...
That's the makings for the next blockbuster disaster movie sigh.

NO Play or riding the last couple of days
With the snow and nasty blowing winds.:(:mad:

We have gone into a deep freeze snap for a few days it's 9f real temp right now
And will be arctic cold for a few days.

Any play well be very quiet and low key
On a calm day.
I would not want him sucking really cold air in his lungs hooking around.

BUT as nasty as it will be HERE
Omg
Erie Pa has gotten 50:eek::eek: inches of snow since midnight Christmas and it's
Still snowing.:(

Lots of vibes for everyone out THERE...
That's the makings for the next blockbuster disaster movie sigh.

That kind of snow is frightening I should imagine.

Reactions: Native Lover
image.jpeg Well I had not had a sit on Zi for about a month:eek:
OH had ridden him the other day but even so, I don't mind admitting - I am not a confident person and much prefer the relative safety of a school or enclosed field. So it was with my chicken pants on I got on today - heart in mouth, bless him tho he didn't put a hoof wrong. Even when the blessed greylag geese all FLEW UP at the same time in the field across :eek::eek::eek:

Sonny
Unmounted 106.25 hours
Mounted 75.50 hrs

Andi
Unmounted 1.75 hr

OMG the weather has been horrid here.
Yesterday got to 14f but wind chill was 1f
with just a tiny bit breeze but the sun was out and I did
manage a little play at walk only!!
I did not want really cold air going in his lungs trotting.

This may look pretty but its COLD:eek::eek::eek:
IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_4587.JPG

IMG_4594.JPG

No one had been out to the ring since it snowed so my traveling circles were pristine :)

IMG_4611.JPG

He really was a very good boy
IMG_4605.JPG Today is dank and gloomy but may get to 20f:);):D
before it starts to snow.
Hopefully I will get a bit of play in before snow if it does not get windy.
Thankfully we are still in the coating to 1 inch still and not MORE.
When we get a couple days of high 20's next week it will feel like a heatwave!!!:):):):):)

With this cold so fast and furious it better be an EARLY SPRING.

I'm COUNTING DOWN TO MARCH 11 DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Haven't updated for a while, better get my last update of the year in :)

Xmas eve we had a little festive hack, four of us went out dressed up and with some festive garb on the horses. The ground is a bit of a nightmare at the moment so it was pretty much walk only. We managed 5.6km in 1hr 5mins.

Today my plan was to school as I haven't been able to do anything other than walk recently (while skirting puddles and mud :rolleyes:
) but I got roped into a hack with six others, which was actually really nice as I don't often go out with others apart from one specific horse. Weather was mostly good, I think the large numbers made my share a little bit silly - well silly for him anyway, which isn't much tbh. Rain came down quite heavily towards the end of the ride and we trotted home, needless to say he wasn't hanging around! I quickly popped into the school for a canter but as it's an outdoor school even that surface wasn't great so we just did the long sides a couple of times and called it a day. Total today was 5.75km in 1hr 5mins.

Overall end of year totals are 253.85km in 44hrs 50mins plus 12 hours schooling.

Happy new year everybody, look forward to seeing what everyone gets up to on their hacking adventures in 2018 :)

It's only closed for 2017
Tomorrow starts 2018

No play last couple days.
Horrible temps and wind chills.
Snow all day yesterday started much earlier but thankfully not a lot.

No play today for many reasons nasty weather and Washington one of the Nigerian dwarf goats seemed to be partially blocked and sprayed when he peed.

We had to go to vets for ammonium chloride and dose him.
We walked to see if he peed.
He did it looks good but treating him and the others for 5 days to acidify the urine.

When I called vet back he said you can put It in Jello and mske portions in ice cube holder .
Treat portions would be easier than dosing with a syringe so we are off to store for jello and Ice cube trays before things close early
I Hope they Like jello.

I think you are all amazing! Im so not organised enough to participate, I think I did one year but I lose track of what Ive done when and am rubbish at remembering to write it down.
@Trewsers - love your riding Zi photo's, so happy for you that you can get on and have a 'pootle' despite your lack of confidence. :)

My final update:
I've been doing some groundwork with Harvey. I've managed to get him to trot up for me. I've tried before and he just didn't seem to understand, but I think he's got it now. I'm still working on the lunging - I'll be getting some lessons in the New Year

Harvey always takes a keen interest in what is happening :)
i-hr2DDbP-L.jpg

Mad pony!
i-77sD7dW-L.jpg

i-sS4pQmh-L.jpg

Schooling 1 hour

Totals for the year
Hacking
427.5 miles
130 hours 50

Schooling
27 hours 50

Congratulations to everyone that took part weather you did 1 mile or 200.... its taking part that counts

I have medals for this years participants....... so if you want to send me a private message and SAE I will post them out in the next few weeks :)

This is so kind of you, thank-you! I would love one, I was keeping track until November when things went a bit pear shaped in my life. Back on track now though so hoping to join in again this year :)

newrider.com