2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

A lovely solo hack today, I tried out a different route, it was flat but unfortunately quite stoney and narrow so it wasn't ideal. Weather was good, we headed past some racing yards and had lots of inquisitive whinnies in our direction. All in all a quiet one, but I like a quiet one so all good for me! Today's total was 4.76 km in 1hr.

Totals 44.21km in 9hrs30mins plus 115 minutes schooling

A big turning point in the year for me. I've had some health issues and the last "proper" ride I had was 26th November. I did join in for the Christmas fancy dress hack and I rode on New Years Day even though I wasn't supposed to. Anyway after an operation I was cleared to ride last weekend, but then it snowed so I couldn't which was just a bit frustrating. So Harvey hasn't been ridden at all for nearly 3 months, and since then he has moved yards and hasn't ever hacked out from his new yard. On Saturday he was being a right idiot in the field breaking through 2 fences in 5 minutes, but I decided that it was now or never and climbed on him for a hack round the block with a fellow livery. I did use his dutch gag bit just in case.
Harvey was a bit "looky" but basically it all went well - I don't seem to be 100% yet, but I should be able to build back up again now. On Sunday I ventured out on my own which was slightly more exciting, but we got round without any real issues. It was so nice to be riding again!

Not sure why I am pulling that face!
i-Ltfr5MT-X2.jpg

Hacking
2.7 miles
1 hour

Totals
Schooling
30 minutes

Hacking
5.7 miles
2 hours

A big turning point in the year for me. I've had some health issues and the last "proper" ride I had was 26th November. I did join in for the Christmas fancy dress hack and I rode on New Years Day even though I wasn't supposed to. Anyway after an operation I was cleared to ride last weekend, but then it snowed so I couldn't which was just a bit frustrating. So Harvey hasn't been ridden at all for nearly 3 months, and since then he has moved yards and hasn't ever hacked out from his new yard. On Saturday he was being a right idiot in the field breaking through 2 fences in 5 minutes, but I decided that it was now or never and climbed on him for a hack round the block with a fellow livery. I did use his dutch gag bit just in case.
Harvey was a bit "looky" but basically it all went well - I don't seem to be 100% yet, but I should be able to build back up again now. On Sunday I ventured out on my own which was slightly more exciting, but we got round without any real issues. It was so nice to be riding again!

Not sure why I am pulling that face!
i-Ltfr5MT-X2.jpg

Hacking
2.7 miles
1 hour

Totals
Schooling
30 minutes

Hacking
5.7 miles
2 hours

Yaye! Good to see you back on board. Onwards and upwards!!!

Sonny unmounted 35.00 hrs
mounted 4.25 hrs

Just had a bit of a play We did get some melting but ugh
I'm not looking forewarned to a blizzard and another foot of snow tomorrow:(.

I played in Virginias ring Mr Mudball was a bit of a brat walking out to the ring.
But then good when we were in there

IMG_7133.JPG

It's been a few days ugh My husband got the flu and hes trying to SHAKE IT and I'm trying to NOT GET IT.

We did manage to get some wood for the stalls over the weekend though and started toget some mats down on the floor. Its a bit of a slow go to have him shed this flu bug.

This being the third storm in a couple weeks is the pitts
and they are all nasty ones :(.
March better be a big time Lamb at the end of the month.

IMG_7193.JPG

IMG_7186.JPG

Great to see you back on board Gary!

This weekend Pete & I have hacked 5 miles, did a 90 minute Horse Agility clinic & we did 30 minutes in-hand work tonight.

I'm hoping to hack tomorrow morning, but that might be being a bit too ambitious ... :D

Noooooo play today.
Ugh white out blizzard 8 inches already but 17 inches due.

It's sooo depressing I was on such a good roll of playing and back to riding and letting him have some grass nibbles.
NOW IT FEELS LIKE IT'S GOING BACK
TO SQUARE ONE :(:(:mad::mad:

I loved gridwork ehen i took
Jumping lessons.

This snow is HORRIBLE
ALMOST 2 FEET:eek::eek:

Partially dug out last nite when it
Was close to being done.

Ugh lots to do today.

There really is no lemonade to be made from these lemons:mad::(.

BUT THANKFULLY we have POWER.

Sonny unmounted 35.75hrs
mounted 4.25 hrs

The snow was bad but the intense March sun is helping to melt and sink it.

Played yesterday in Virginias ring with letting him blow it out and traveling circles.
I would have preferred to play here in the big round pen but her driveway is steep and it was too slippery to try to walk up.

The snow now ranges from 8 to about 18 inches depending on
how sun hits things.
He had a good blow out in her ring after his roll.

IMG_7528.JPG

IMG_7606.JPG
IMG_7550.JPG

IMG_7555.JPG

IMG_7577.JPG

Sonny unmounted 36.50 hrs
mounted 4.25 hrs

Played late in the day yesterday I was hoping wind would die down but sigh it did not.

It was still too nasty to try to walk up the drive and actually had trouble with the car going up since
a car came out of the blue and I had to stop before the top.

The snow has melted/sank a bit more I tiny bit of grass opened up and the day prior there was only maybe 5 feet of ring showing at the gate end. As you go further in its still got quite a bit of snow and the nice little spot before the ring still as a lot but its very shaded.

Right now as of this am the storm looks to be tracking further away and that would mean less impact and snow.
PLEASE keep going away.
I want this snow gone.
IMG_7787.JPG

IMG_7792.JPG

IMG_7799.JPG

Reactions: Trewsers
This is a great idea - I think I'll join in now that I have a saddle for new pony. So far we've been mostly lunging (aka the wall of death), doing some groundwork to work on manners, spacial awareness and isolating movement and some inhand hacking i.e. walking the oversized dog.

Now we have a fitting saddle I'm aiming to ride in the school once a week - just 20 minutes mostly in walk as we have some issues to work though, hack once a week and lunge/longline/groundwork to help build fitness and repair the muscle damage to her back from her previous tack.

This will help keep me motivated especially in this horrid cold weather!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
No riding today, we've had snow overnight so the roads are icy and the school is covered in snow too :( I did manage a lesson on Friday though which was possibly one of my best ever lessons, I went away feeling so positive. Shame I can't capitalise on it but hopefully back to riding next week!

Sonny unmounted 36.70 hrs
mounted 4.75 hrs

WOO HOO I rode:) and FROZE:(.

I should have had leggings under my pants and did not so
that did not help. Then I get over and realize my camera battery is still in the charger.

It was not really long but it was good and uneventful.

I figured if he got bratty I could always get off.
I never have shame if I feel I have to do that.

I played a few min in the opening near the ring to feel him out
he was fine.
Then mounted I got nice sidepass turn on
forehand and haunches then did point to point doing nice turns on forehand etc to go other directions etc.
He was great but I just got too cold.
I feel really good that I got a ride in though.

It does not have to be a really long ride just a good one!!:);):D

image.jpeg Weeeeeeee! I rode! Only a short one, hehee, won't break any world records for the longest pootle lol just fifteen mins.
It was freezing but lovely sunshine. I am donning the Michelin Man look hahaaa

newrider.com