2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

It's been ages since I filled this out, I need to work out what I've missed!

But this week so far I've hacked 15 miles, schooled for an hour & lunged for 25 minutes.

A few snaps from this last week:

IbvT0DU.jpg

LIyDAqT.jpg

HF4ZHB7.jpg

XQtMTn1.jpg

*Wanders off to add up mileage*

Mr T rode Zi for about twenty twenty five mins in the arena the other night. Zi's halo slipped a tiny bit! Don't think he was impressed at being tacked up so late in the day. Hmm. A good horse is always ready to be ridden lol (you never know when you'll have to make a quick exit because of zombies:eek::p - yep, I've been having zombie nightmares again:oops:)

Saturday was the Ragley Hall fun ride. I hadn't got anyone to ride with and after our last attempt at a solo fun ride I was in two minds about going. We arrived to find the car park full and had to queue for the overflow parking which was closed to allow the air ambulance to land after a fall on the course (I didn't get any details). Also no one was allowed to start. While I was waiting I heard a lady saying she was riding on her own so I went and made friends and we agreed to ride together, along with her husband on his mountain bike. It turned out the horses and riders got on well and were well matched so we had a really nice time. Harvey behaved well for most of the time - a big improvement over our previous 3 fun rides this year.

On Sunday I jumped in the morning. This time I had one jump each side of the arena with one being a small spread. I pulled on my brave pants and put the spread up to 80cm which is the biggest I have jumped him this year. He jumped well and I was very pleased with the session

After lunch I rode verteran Monty around the block, and then jumped straight onto Harvey for a hack with A. We went exploring a bridleway which turned out to have loads of gates, and the flies were awful. We gave up in the end but still enjoyed a nice 2 hours out.

Finishing the fun ride
i-CxDp48q-XL.jpg

Out on the course
i-NbkSFzV-X2.jpg

Map - I'm trying out Equilab
i-F2KkkCP-X2.jpg

The bigger the jump the more I have to pull faces!
i-LFbkRK8-X2.jpg

Hacking
18 miles
5 hours

Schooling
35 minutes

Totals
Schooling
5 hours 30 minutes

Hacking
172.3 miles
50 hours 50

Haven't updated for a couple of weeks. The Sunday before last, it was so hot that I just went in the school for 20 minutes and then pottered around the track at the yard.

This Sunday wasn't much cooler but I managed to get out for a hack. The downs were deserted, perhaps everyone was sleeping off their Derby hangovers! Got a few canters in and generally just enjoyed a nice quiet ride.

Total 4.96km in 55mins.

Totals 81.82km in 18hrs 15mins plus 200 minutes schooling.

Woo hoo ! Lol I have clocked up a massive half hour in the school:p:Dpootlers-r-us:D
Zi is such a good boy. Even when numpty OH decided he was going to throw stones out:eek: (we keep coming across the odd one in the sand surface). Zi spooked - hardly surprising as OH was lobbing them to one side behind us:mad:
He said he was just testing our reactions:p

Oh Gary b.
Please don't take my comment personally.
I did not mean to sound so horrid.

I could just relate to being on
SONNY and having Graham something
Similar.
He's not a rider he rode once at boy scout camp when he was 10. So he does not think about something Being an issue
To mention first I'm going to.....

Reactions: PePo and Trewsers
Oh Gary b.
Please don't take my comment personally.
I did not mean to sound so horrid.

I could just relate to being on
SONNY and having Graham something
Similar.
He's not a rider he rode once at boy scout camp when he was 10. So he does not think about something Being an issue
To mention first I'm going to.....

Lol I am sure @GaryB won't take offence. Hehehe my Mr T has got used to me quoting him man gene heheeee. I think menfolk tune us out sometimes:p

A ten mile one today... Started out a big shakey lol! During out first canter P pulled his head down and i went over his head, was a bit of a movie star fall! Impressive lol! No major injuries and carried on the hack. Fun :) aside from that all went well! Seen many things! Lots of vehicles, alpacas! Both cobs behaved well :) very enjoyable!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 3
Just back from my jollys. Day before we jetted off was the first annan rideout which included a 2 1/2 mile gallop along the shore.
Unfortunately I forgot to track it with my app. The past years I've done this whisks has been difficult to work with, manageable but difficult. But I think a couple years off from it done her good as she was an absolute gem. Almost didn't do the shore but so glad i did, I never realised how long it actually was! I just let whisks go at her own pace so was glad when she'd started to burn out to a canter I was knackered!
The ride out started at 6.30pm and we got back to our field at 9.30pm (we're doing some extra mileage do to hacking through to the meeting point)

Oh
Also
I fell off. :oops::oops::oops::rolleyes: no fault of Whisks. She stumbled coming up a hill from a field canter and I was caught off guard and tumbled off had a nice wee two kneed slide along the ground. We were both ok so I hopped back on and carried on.
Unfortunately I missed the 2nd rideout as it was the day before I was back in the country.
Next one's on the 12th which is another shore one, again wavering wether to take her on or not.

Sonny unmounted 51.75hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 4.25 hrs

Finally got back to some play yesterday.
I've started clicker for something new.
I can incorporate it into liberty play.
Andi was much more receptive than Sonny
I put a halter on him to encourage him closer.

IMG_5990.JPG

IMG_5993.JPG
My little cavaletti rd pen has gotten very deep with thick thick clover and grass.
Sonny was a bit of a brat in there wanting more to eat the grass then be his usual super freelonging self.

I Played with Andi in her area to not set her up for failure with the long long grass.

She was a very good girl then I let her out for some grass after.
Sonny needs a bit of refresher in his area without the grass temptation.
IMG_5998.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG
he was doing a lot of this as we went around
IMG_6014.JPG
Andi was a very good girl
IMG_6069.JPG

IMG_6073.JPG

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_6081.JPG

newrider.com