2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

Sonny unmounted 1.25 hr

WE were a balmy 20's f yesterday;)

Did some play but went right to the big round pen.
I wanted to see if he needed to blow it out more or not.
HE WAS SUPER

He was very responsive to voice commands and not silly.
I got awesome trot -canter- trot;);):):):D:D

The first few were a little fast at canter but not bratty or silly;).
A nice non silly trot
IMG_4948.JPG
He needed a good roll to stat things off though lol.
IMG_4928.JPG

Today for sure no play we are in the start of a nasty blizzard:(
:(:mad:.
Possible snow 12 to 18 inches :eek::eek::eek: now ugh it keeps gong up:mad:. Bad nasty winds 50+ .
Then the bad thing is its going to be bone chilling cold -0 to -3f
real temps:eek::eek::eek: and high of 8 f to 10f. This is the
BIG TIME PITTS!!!:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:
We wont see a break in temps til Monday.
Today temp wise is not too horrible 20's and maybe towards the cape may get a little warmer and some mixing.
I hope we stay ALL SNOW with thee very cold temps coming so it stays a dryer snow.
The wetter snow some will get in the horrid cold temps will freeze LIKE CEMENT!!:eek::eek::eek:
We had to do a little bit of chorse out yesterday and then went back out again to fill up the plow truck.
On the news the

Governor was basicly shutting the state down today no one on roads and I heard Ma did the same thing.
It was awful out it seemed like the evacuation from the world is ending movie.:(:mad::eek:

We had trouble finding gas many stations were out :(..
or only had really high test left.

We finally found an out of the way place with normal gas left;)
This is how it looks right now but when a gust of wind grabs the snow visibility gets even worse. IMG_4964.JPG

Sonny unmounted 1.25 hr

WE were a balmy 20's f yesterday;)

Did some play but went right to the big round pen.
I wanted to see if he needed to blow it out more or not.
HE WAS SUPER

He was very responsive to voice commands and not silly.
I got awesome trot -canter- trot;);):):):D:D

The first few were a little fast at canter but not bratty or silly;).
A nice non silly trot
View attachment 90870
He needed a good roll to stat things off though lol.
View attachment 90871

Today for sure no play we are in the start of a nasty blizzard:(
:(:mad:.
Possible snow 12 to 18 inches :eek::eek::eek: now ugh it keeps gong up:mad:. Bad nasty winds 50+ .
Then the bad thing is its going to be bone chilling cold -0 to -3f
real temps:eek::eek::eek: and high of 8 f to 10f. This is the
BIG TIME PITTS!!!:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:
We wont see a break in temps til Monday.
Today temp wise is not too horrible 20's and maybe towards the cape may get a little warmer and some mixing.
I hope we stay ALL SNOW with thee very cold temps coming so it stays a dryer snow.
The wetter snow some will get in the horrid cold temps will freeze LIKE CEMENT!!:eek::eek::eek:
We had to do a little bit of chorse out yesterday and then went back out again to fill up the plow truck.
On the news the

Governor was basicly shutting the state down today no one on roads and I heard Ma did the same thing.
It was awful out it seemed like the evacuation from the world is ending movie.:(:mad::eek:

We had trouble finding gas many stations were out :(..
or only had really high test left.

We finally found an out of the way place with normal gas left;)
This is how it looks right now but when a gust of wind grabs the snow visibility gets even worse. View attachment 90872

I hope you and your manage to keep safe over the coming days....it looks pretty awful

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I was hoping to ride last night, but the winds were strong here so just stuck to 30 minutes lunging/free schooling.

Reactions: Native Lover
Hopefully I'll be able to play by Sunday.
We got mostly dug out but winds and blowing snow are nasty.
Tomorrow's high temp real temp will
Be 4f:oops::eek:.
Sunday will be better;).

I got a path snowblowed up to the rd pen:):D
But it's gonna be a Long time before I see my cavaletti out in the yard:(:mad:.
Oh well as long as I manage to keep
Playing somehow;)

Lovely short potter around our short block today, without feeling like I was going to get blown off or get wet!

Only walking as my poor friend has really hurt her back.

26232775_10154996437825894_639841349332512575_o.jpg

Time in saddle not hacking: 2hrs 45 mins.
Hacking : 2.3 miles, 40 mins

Dom's belated birthday hack. He's not ridden for 18m. Sam is away this weekend so we borrowed 17.2 Clydie/Appy, Mary who is an absolute sweetheart and a kind and gentle soul. Now that Jill works in the day, Sam and I hack out a lot and she is currently borrowing Jack's stable so Mary and Gracie are bezzie buds. It's Mary's bum in the pic above of my last hack!!

20180106_104350-800x450.jpg

20180106_113016-800x600.jpg

We weren't out for long because it was raining...and Dom's out of practise!

Today was 3 miles in 45 mins

Total miles: 12

BIS time: 3hrs 30 mins

Dom's belated birthday hack. He's not ridden for 18m. Sam is away this weekend so we borrowed 17.2 Clydie/Appy, Mary who is an absolute sweetheart and a kind and gentle soul. Now that Jill works in the day, Sam and I hack out a lot and she is currently borrowing Jack's stable so Mary and Gracie are bezzie buds. It's Mary's bum in the pic above of my last hack!!

View attachment 90885

View attachment 90886

We weren't out for long because it was raining...and Dom's out of practise!

Today was 3 miles in 45 mins

Total miles: 12

BIS time: 3hrs 30 mins

Mary looks so nice:)

Did 16 mins in the school today, was supposed to be 15 but i lost track of time, by 60 seconds lol! Finally our first ride of the year! Just did some serpatines and figure of 8s after a short warm up. gutted i didnt opt to hack as it turned out to be warmer than i expected but i suppose the hacking tracks will still be saturated even though the suns out. A nice first session though of 2018 though and was clearly far too much work for cob since he snoozed after! Forgot to take a pic while i was on him but took one of him having a lean on me while i was applying his hoof gel

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 6
newrider.com