2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

So pleased for you @Trewsers :)

This week we've lunged x2 for 60 minutes in total, schooled for 45 minutes and two hacks - one of 2.5 miles and today's 7 miles :)

Just what summer is made for!

8zq5tSO.jpg

yf3nYYa.jpg
- excuse the no make up look, it would have just sweated off today!

7Yt558U.jpg

21gw9u6.jpg

Oh yes glad you were ok.

Were you riding in the dark getting back??

Luckily for me whisks is only 14'2hh so not far to fall and im still nimble enough to bounce back haha.
Wasn't too dark though it was getting there.

Quick hack today whisks was extreamly bouncy today.
I keep forgetting to use my app to track it so couldn't tell you distance or time really. Was pretty hot so whisks got a good hose down afterwards which she thoroughly enjoyed.

We did a 20 minute jumping session - possibly our first of 2018?! Ooops! Cut short annoyingly because of the horse flies :(

Then a 2 mile wander around the forest on a loose rein to cool down & escape said horse flies!

Sonny unmounted 52.25hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 4.75 hrs

Played in their areas Saturday
Just refresher.

Not having tall grass temptation was really good.

I bought some timothy grass pellets to use for clicker training
and another boat fender bumper for a hand held "target"

The woman I had wanted to take western dressage lessons from when I saw Toni Yesterday has kept cancelling on her
and not calling just not showing up.

So she has gone with someone else now I will have to see if this person does western dressage.

I want to do something specific when I take lessons and western dressage is really what I want.

Western dressage is not all that common.

IMG_6228.JPG

IMG_6239.JPG

Reactions: Trewsers and GaryB
Saturday was lesson day. I haven't had a lesson for ages so Harvey and I went to Applecross Equestrian for a cross country lesson. Annoyingly the road was closed 200m away from the entrance when meant a 2 mile detour round single track lanes with the grass brushing both sides of the lorry (and we met a tractor and trailor on the way back, but that's another story).

Harvey was very naughty and spent pretty much the whole 90 minutes trying to nap back to the lorry park, but we did get some jumping in.

Sunday morning was flatwork and polework at home but it was hot and the flies were terrible so it wasn't very successful. A quick hack round in the afternoon completed the weekend.

Keen to go back to the lorry park!
i-gcwjcxr-XL.jpg

i-2kmKk3P-XL.jpg

Fighting the water demons!
i-MTp5J43-XL.jpg

i-tqCCg9X-XL.jpg

Schooling
1 hour 55

Hacking
1 hour
4 miles

Totals
Schooling
7 hours 25 minutes

Hacking
176.3 miles
51 hours 50

I haven't totted up my hours properly since joining this year's thread but, I'm pleased to say that overall I think I'll have done more than last year now:D
We had another great half hour in the school yesterday. Tell you what, I've noticed how floppy my stomach had become, even just riding in an active walk yesterday I could "feel" them starting to work again:oops:

Only a half hour hack this evening, didnt check the miles less than 4 id say as we went to the lake then back as i took two out of 3 of my dogs (the other cant go off lead) very enjoyable walk out and back and a trot up the hill to spend a moment taking in the scenary, first time i have taken both dogs too, Jnr the male black and tan is the dopey dog, doesnt think twice about walking near enough under the horses hooves, i had to keep telling him to shift his little runty ass lol! P kept stopping and snorting at him like "move out the way u little s**t" ellie is the more intelligent one that one go anywhere near a horse, if they so much as look at her she freezes lol!

god it was brilliant, im super happy!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 7
I've been gradually building up my girls workload - we've increased our hacking time to around an hour with lots of hill work covering about 5k.

My goal for this summer is to complete the 5 mile forest loop and also a 7 mile road hack so just need to keep working away which is harder when you can only ride 3 times a week (4 if I'm very lucky!).

Attachments

• IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3637.JPG
    IMG_3637.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3571 (1).JPG
    IMG_3571 (1).JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3536.JPG
    IMG_3536.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 2
My goal for this summer is to complete the 5 mile forest loop and also a 7 mile road hack so just need to keep working away which is harder when you can only ride 3 times a week (4 if I'm very lucky!).

That should be possible - I only ride Harvey at weekends and he normally does 6 miles on a hack, and often more

Sonny unmounted 52.50hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 5.00 hrs

Played with pool noodle target for clicker it worked out good
and cheap enough to make several and place about.

IMG_6400.JPG

IMG_6392.JPG

IMG_6393.JPG
Its on a long stick at the moment but that may prove really good
I can always make a shorter one too.

HOT and getting lots hotter today and tomorrow will be quite hot but MONDAY is going to be brutal
it will be 90's f REAL TEMP but with very high humidity will feel like over 100f :eek::eek::eek: That's FAR too hot.

Thankfully AFTER tues the humidity will go back down for a few days and only be near 80.

I really am hopeless at keeping track of my time in the saddle but since I last posted we have done a couple hacks another shore rideout and a gala day.

I think whisks is deffinately starting to mellow out in her older years as she's been extreamly chilled out and foot perfect during the rideouts when usually she is bouncing to the moon.
Amber is thoroughly enjoying doing the rideouts with my friend as well.

This is them at the shore rideout on the 12th

Attachments

• IMG_9236.JPG
    IMG_9236.JPG
    860.8 KB · Views: 5
A mixed weekend for me - Harvey is back on a red card :(

Saturday started with some jumping - Harvey went well and we finished at 90cm which is the highest I have jumped him. This was followed by a session of fence mending as somebody had broken it again :( This left time for only a short hack in the afternoon.

On Sunday we went XC schooling at a local course that we can hire and I took a fellow livery A along with us as she has no transport and fancied a play. Harvey was very nappy at various times he tried to go back to the lorry, over to A's horse or over to some horses in another field. He eventually worked himself up into a complete strop wgich culminated with him half rearing and spinning leaving me sitting on the floor (again!). We did do some jumping, but we had to do the baby jumps whereas a year ago we were doing the middle ones. So sadly the list of things that are difficult to do with Harvey grows longer. He is moving stables soon so I will be reassessing him after he has settled down.

Harvey looking enthusiastic (he always is if he is at home and there are jumps out.
i-XkdqB6g-XL.jpg

90 cm :)
i-tWZ6KRq-XL.jpg

Hacking 2 miles
30 minutes

Schooling
1 hour 30

Totals
Schooling
8 hours 55 minutes

Hacking
178.3 miles