2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

Ohhhh looking good:).
I love that photo on top of the hill;):D.

Its misty spitting rain:(:mad:.

I hope it clears.

Now today not a Turkey in sight :p:D:p.

It's not looking good for the trainer to come Friday :(:(:( unless things change.

Now there is a storm that will become a hurricane and hit the Florida panhandle Wednesday then go across the area hurricane Florence. Decimated then come towards us not as a hurricane thank God
But a nasty windy rain Thursday evening and Friday :mad::mad::mad:. Bummer.

Reactions: Trewsers and GaryB
Well I rode Zi yesterday and we had the "funky chicken" walk:phe doesn't do it often, but when he does - well, it's interesting:oops:
Think it was a combo of the fact he'd spent previous day getting soaked (he hates rain) and he wasn't expecting me to tack him up, think he thought he was having a day off again. But he did settle and I was quite pleased with myself for just laughing and kicking on. Good boy Zi:D

What a good boy again. We had the tractor and thingy that turns barley working right next to the school today plus a DRONE. Zi did two spooks (well sat Mr T) and then settled right down. What a sensible boy. He could have taken advantage (I know a mare who would:oops:) but not him. Lovely lad. So Mr T and Zi rule!!!!!!

Sonny
unmounted 77.50 hrs
Mounted 16.50 hrs

Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs

Did some play this week and pulled out one short pole to try today it worked really well.
IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG
I tried 4 more saddles 3 seem good that ill ride and see how it goes
The 4th bridged so its a no go.

The dressage seemed good and even with a western pad
and I can change flocking on it.
IMG_2875.JPG
IMG_2894.JPG

The barrel saddle we have used before so that's good
IMG_2903.JPG
The totally synthetic abetta also seemed good
IMG_2901.JPG

The wintec pro is a no go it bridged so I wont keep it.
IMG_2898.JPG
He was such a good boy loose behind the garage hanging out while I was getting different saddles from the basement!

I will start to ride them tomorrow and see how they feel.

The weather really played havoc with my riding this weekend. Saturday was supposed to be a SJ clinic but that was cancelled due to 50mph winds (which was just as well as I wouldn't have taken the horsebox out in that anyway). I rode Harvey in the school in the afternoon and he was surprising good considering. I was only going to do flatwork but Harvey was insistent that we do at least one jump so we did :)

Sunday was supposed to be a fun ride but it was due to rain until mid afternoon and I really didn't fancy paying to get wet, so instead it was a late afternoon local hack with the YO and another livery.

I have got some flatwork photos, but they aren't sorted out yet :(

Schooling 30 minutes

Hacking
3.5 miles
50 minutes

Totals
Schooling
20 hours 10 minutes

Hacking
376.5 miles
108 hours 20 minutes

Whoooooo hooooio hacked again today lol but wait for it I led the way half way all the way to the end with two completely strange ponies both which has only been on the yard less than a week and one less than 48 hours. She strode out like a proper hacker :)

We are going again tommorrow even in the rain like today it felt so good that she’s finally found her hacking hooves And was confident to take the lead and March for home :)

Proud of my little Highland pony and the two cob and riders I went out with, wh both have new ponies and new yard to contend with.... no piccies but soon hopefully.

❤️

The weather really played havoc with my riding this weekend. Saturday was supposed to be a SJ clinic but that was cancelled due to 50mph winds (which was just as well as I wouldn't have taken the horsebox out in that anyway). I rode Harvey in the school in the afternoon and he was surprising good considering. I was only going to do flatwork but Harvey was insistent that we do at least one jump so we did

Sunday was supposed to be a fun ride but it was due to rain until mid afternoon and I really didn't fancy paying to get wet, so instead it was a late afternoon local hack with the YO and another livery.

I have got some flatwork photos, but they aren't sorted out yet :(

Sorry your weekend was not that great I TOTALLY agree on trailering in that wind and then PAYING to get wet..

Sonny
unmounted 78.50 hrs
Mounted 17.25 hrs

Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs

Rode with the dressage saddle it seems ok but I think the stirrups felt too short.
I have not ridden in it in quite some time and that was on
Andi.
I ended up trying one hole lower but could not get a photo.
My husband cut my poles so I got some of that set up yesterday.

Did get the other 3 out on consignment.
I feels good to start to clear things I won't use.

I have more that I'm going to use in the rd pen paddocks.
IMG_3134.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

IMG_3072.JPG
IMG_3039.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

Weather is not cooperating today its spitting rain off and on.
I just hope its decent Friday since our lesson was cancelled last week due to rain.

Reactions: Trewsers and GaryB
newrider.com