2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

Saturday was very windy so I just took a very spooky Harvey on a short hack and then had 10 minutes in the school. YO has had an operation on her shoulder so is temporarily a bit crocked. As I had been helping out she offered me a flatwork lesson on Sunday. I have got to the point where I really need to improve my flatwork to progress my SJ. We spend 45 minutes mainly working on getting an even forward going trot, and also trying to get a bit of bend.

Trying to bend!
i-8SgzKP4-X2.jpg

Hacking
3 miles
1 hour

Schooling
55 minutes

Totals
Schooling
25 hours 50 minutes

Hacking
434.8 miles
123 hours 55 minutes

Sonny unmounted 99.75 hrs
Sonny mounted 22.00 hrs
Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs

Another fun play day.
I broght over a couple Nutcracker door people to play with and make it more festive with the
santa hats on the cones.
I set up some xmas feather flags here.
Toni did not end up riding but it was sIMG_5684.JPGtill fun play.IMG_5709.JPG
I was playing with sidepassing over to cIMG_5729.JPGIMG_5744.JPGIMG_5757.JPGIMG_5784.JPGIMG_5771.JPGIMG_5765.JPGIMG_5725.JPGenter of nutcrackers to walk thru and also completely backing around a santa hat cone in a circle for some thing different.
Really looking foreward to play Thursday:)

Saturday was very windy so I just took a very spooky Harvey on a short hack and then had 10 minutes in the school. YO has had an operation on her shoulder so is temporarily a bit crocked. As I had been helping out she offered me a flatwork lesson on Sunday. I have got to the point where I really need to improve my flatwork to progress my SJ. We spend 45 minutes mainly working on getting an even forward going trot, and also trying to get a bit of bend.

Trying to bend!
i-8SgzKP4-X2.jpg

Hacking
3 miles
1 hour

Schooling
55 minutes

Totals
Schooling
25 hours 50 minutes

Hacking
434.8 miles
123 hours 55 minutes

You both look great there!

Reactions: GaryB
Sonny unmounted 99.75 hrs
Sonny mounted 22.00 hrs
Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs

Another fun play day.
I broght over a couple Nutcracker door people to play with and make it more festive with the
santa hats on the cones.
I set up some xmas feather flags here.
Toni did not end up riding but it was sView attachment 96050till fun play.View attachment 96051
I was playing with sidepassing over to cView attachment 96053View attachment 96054View attachment 96055View attachment 96056View attachment 96057View attachment 96058View attachment 96052enter of nutcrackers to walk thru and also completely backing around a santa hat cone in a circle for some thing different.
Really looking foreward to play Thursday:)

Great pics

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Sonny unmounted 101.25 hrs
Sonny mounted 22.00 hrs
Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs
IMG_5875.JPGIMG_5835.JPGIMG_5837.JPGIMG_5832.JPGIMG_5845.JPGIMG_5863.JPGIMG_5869.JPG
We did not have play thurs due to Toni having unforeseen circumstances.

I did some cavaletti play the last couple days and yesterday played with the arch.
It was windy enough to keep catching it just right to tip it so I left I t tipped
which worked out ok it made it a bit lower.
Sonny was a good boy.

After I let him have some nibbles in the front yard

Thursday I picked up the baIMG_5820.JPGIMG_5824.JPGlls I put in the tree and some giittery garland for our next play
It will be easy to tape onto cones for a walk thru / back up

My xmas elf tack accessories came yesterday rein cover helmet cover saddle pad cover
leg decorations horsey hat etc .

We will be decked out for our next play withToni.:):p
She has some too ;)

Today its raining its supposed to stop later and be warmer.
Thren more rain sunday ending as SNOW:mad::eek:o_O Monday NOOOOOOOOO!!!
The store had other garlands on clearance with glittery things attached
I may get a couple more different ones for play, Festive makes It MORE FUN:D:);):p

Well I have been struggling to get into this thread. I'm finding it almost impossible to join in with any threads on here since the site changed:(
But anyway, I finally located this thread again! (It kept telling me to try later:mad:)
So for the past two days we've both just been playing with Zi in hand - apart from Mr T having a quick sit on him yesterday. The weather has been against us until now so we've made the most and done a bit of something:D
I hope next year that my confidence will be back, I have really struggled with Zi being a bit sharp this winter:(and my next investment is a new bp. Hopefully they are more comfy since I last bought one 14 years ago:p

Reactions: GaryB
Well I have been struggling to get into this thread. I'm finding it almost impossible to join in with any threads on here since the site changed:(
But anyway, I finally located this thread again! (It kept telling me to try later:mad:)
So for the past two days we've both just been playing with Zi in hand - apart from Mr T having a quick sit on him yesterday. The weather has been against us until now so we've made the most and done a bit of something:D
I hope next year that my confidence will be back, I have really struggled with Zi being a bit sharp this winter:(and my next investment is a new bp. Hopefully they are more comfy since I last bought one 14 years ago:p

OHHH glad you got in.
Don't give up.

Sonny unmounted 103.25 hrs
Sonny mounted 22.75 hrs
Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs

Done some more play this week some in the arena some in the little rd pen with cavaletti.
I want to be really careful to not mess up the footing in the little cavaletti rd pen Its a good place to play with lots of sun when its very cold out.

Toni and I played yesterday we got decked out in the xmas elf attire.
I brough over a pop up snowman and set one up here too it was a bit hard to keep upright in the wind that got gusty but it was not that cold.
I only inflated a couple of the blow ups it was still cold enough for ice clumps to be sticking so they would not inflate properly and the arch even if it could blow up would not have stayed up right but we played with MR CHRISTMAS DRAGON.
I did a lot of touch it with the dragon snowman and xmas balls on the tree.

Today we are VERY WARM and getting 3 or more inches of rain and very very bad winds
thank god its not snow it would be FEET:eek::eek:
Its a one day storm IMG_6022.JPGIMG_6008.JPGand should improve by noon tomorrow.

IMG_6041.JPGIMG_6060.JPGIMG_6079.JPGIMG_6078.JPGIMG_6083.JPGIMG_6038.JPG

Yay - I got back in too.
Last Saturday was horrid - temperature just above freezing and raining most of the day. I managed to ride in the school for 20 minutes without getting too wet.

Sunday was the last fun ride of the year. It was generally a nice day but annoyingly it rained after about 30 minutes leaving me with wet gloves for the rest of the ride. We had a nice time with plenty of canters. We got back just as it started raining so quickly untacked Harvey and got him on the horsebox. The ride was 3 hours and so far I have spent about the same cleaning the mud off everything!

Sorry - no piccies :(

Schooling
20 minutes

Hacking
3 hours
10 miles

Totals
Schooling
26 hours 10 minutes

Hacking
444.8 miles
126 hours 55 minutes

Last edited:
Sonny unmounted 105.00 hours
Mounted 22.75 hours
Andi Unmounted 7.25 hours

After the really bad rains Friday the footing was actually good but it was still very windy ans got MUCH WORSE than they predicted.
With a few bouts of heavy rain early on.
I had great online play in the arena a little bit of silly boy at first then great transitions.
Then I put him up in one of the big round pens and went inside for a bit.
All of a sudden its sounding like a freight
Train. So I went rushing out.
The wind was AWFUL and Sonny was galloping about.
Even full trash bins were getting blown.

When I went up to get him. I expected a long cool out walk.
Hmmm he wasn't sweaty or even breathing hard..

Yesterday was a decent day.
I put a couple poles in his paddock
And played in there it was good I will put a couple more in there.

This am its snowing lightly supposidky a
Half inch or less...
I hope they are right....
Its quite a while til daylight.

If it is just a little with it being Christmas eve I'll take it.
But then GO AWAY.

We are supposed to get really warm again
Friday with heavy rain.

Saturday was my last SJ clinic of the year. It was a strange group ability wise with one girl wanting to jump 65cm, one 70cm and me at 80cm. It worked well with the other 2 jumping 70cm, and the fences then going up to 80cm (and sometimes 90cm) for me. Harvey was very enthusiastic and went really well for me.

Sunday was the bit fitting (see my thread in the tack section).

Its hard to see here, but this fence has the poles fanned out - there is on jump stand on the right (as you look at it) and 3 on the left. I think this was 90cm

i-RdHvd6w-X2.jpg

My jumping position is next on the agenda to work on.
i-httcctG-X2.jpg

i-bH9RBhD-X2.jpg

i-kDkPPDQ-X2.jpg

Schooling
2 hours

Totals
Schooling
28 hours 10 minutes

Hacking
444.8 miles
126 hours 55 minutes

Its really nice they have. Lovely colorful
Jumps.
Sometimes all you see are poles.

Occasionally here we get international show jumping on tv.

I LOVE looking at those jumps.

What is the front side of the double set of 4 ??? You are jumping over.

Reactions: PePo
newrider.com