2019 Hacking/Riding Thread

Ohhh yes count your blessings.:D:D:D:D:D

Round 2 is going on now and its snowing to beat the band:(:mad:.
It is a bit colder so it probably should be a bit lighter and less cement like compared to yesterday.
Its supposed to stop around dawnish which is when I go out.
The gates and wheel barrel path will all have to be dug out again sigh :(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:
Its going to be continued windy
But I will be happy if i can get some
Fun play again.

• Wow
Reactions: GaryB and Huggy
ITS STILL HEAVY SNOW UGH.
BUT shoveling the gates was easier and most of the kids want to be outisde
they all HAVE inside and outside options..
But the horses went back out and only 3 of the goats have chosen to stay in..
It really did not feel that bad out there. BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF IT
******************WOULD STOP******************

SNOW GOATS

NOT CHESTER … and the babies are in their clubhouse

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers and GaryB
Oh my - haven't seen anything like that since I lived in the Scottish highlands!

We used to live in the North West of England, lol we had two winters on the trot like that and it almost finished us off with horse keeping! Nightmare, nothing and nobody is geared to that level. We had drifts which meant you couldn't see the road, not even the farmer got through to us. Quite scary and I got cabin fever. Good job we had enough food for the horses. Farrier even got stuck in his Landy. So did we!! Horrid. Glad we don't get anything like that up here!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
This is very VERY *****VERY****
early for anything to this extent...

I got a good stock up on hay and shavings
So no little children will go hungry.
Im not having to deal with it alone.
I got the gates re shoveled this am
When i fed and my husband is out snowblowing the driveway.

We have s plow for the truck but snowblowing is a bit harder being out in the weather... but you can toss it up and out of the way
The plow always puts plies in the way someplace.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Managed out after nursery and school run, lovely bright frosty morning. There were roadworks signs all over the end of the lane, but Hogan was fine with them. Apart from cold hands, it was a lovely ride. The sunsets of last night and tonight did not lie..... :) also, Hogan doing his "dog for a day" impression :rolleyes:Screenshot_20191204-201949_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191204-202047_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191204-202127_Gallery.jpg

Sonny unmounted 149.50 hrs
Mounted 31.50 hrs
Andi unmounted 1.75 hrs

I love sunrise and sunsets.. ;) ;) ;)
Being out at the first tinge of light is nice.
I have not played or legged up the last couple days but I did get out and leg up this am.
The first twinge of daylight was nice then went to blood red sky.
WE are due some rain and snow later they say NOT MUCH …. I HOPE SO.
Mon and tues we are supposed to be warmer and heavy rain so maybe a good bit of this will GO...

IT JUST starting to get light out feeding the goats then it went to lovely
blood red.

It continued around but not as red

The road is nice and clear do legging up was good..

He and the drafts are still interested in each other.
They seem to be really REALLY nice horses.
No snarking at each other at all.

Hectic few days, so only managed out this morning. Very windy and very wet, but glad I got out. Hogan spent his time thinking about spooking, but couldn't muster the energy to actually do anything. I've promised my grandson (6) that he can ride Hogan over the Christmas break, and am pretty sure he's settled enough to behave now. (Hogan, not grandson!) I'll take my daughter too and she can be alongside in case.

On Saturday I was stand in yard groom for the day so it was an 8 o'clock arrival with just 7 to turn out and 3 to muck out. I was supposed to be grooming for YO at a SJ competition but her horse wasn't quite right so I borrowed the yard veteran and hacked round the block with her. In the afternoon Harvey and I had a nice hack on our own.

Sunday was a SJ clinic. Harvey went well with a final round at 90/100cm (some of each!). Back at the yard I just had time for a hack round the block on yard veteran this time with our yard groom

Harvey and I looking like we nearly know what we are doing (we don't!)
i-H4Xm83k-X2.jpg

Our final round showing we have a little way to go yet (1 x runout and 2 down)
SJ Video

Hacking
8 miles
2.5 hours

schooling 1 hour

Totals
Schooling
37 hours 50

Hacking
321 miles
86 hours 45

On Saturday I was stand in yard groom for the day so it was an 8 o'clock arrival with just 7 to turn out and 3 to muck out. I was supposed to be grooming for YO at a SJ competition but her horse wasn't quite right so I borrowed the yard veteran and hacked round the block with her. In the afternoon Harvey and I had a nice hack on our own.

Sunday was a SJ clinic. Harvey went well with a final round at 90/100cm (some of each!). Back at the yard I just had time for a hack round the block on yard veteran this time with our yard groom

i-H4Xm83k-X2.jpg

SJ Video

Hacking
8 miles
2.5 hours

schooling 1 hour

Totals
Schooling
37 hours 50

Hacking
321 miles
86 hours 45

Wow! Look at you both!! Super!!

And the not hacking after all thread?
I got to the yard. My back hurt. Very wet and windy out and no point getting cold and wet, so I rode in the school for a little while instead. As we left the school and rode to the yard to dismount Ella made it clear that she wanted to go out the main gate and start a long hack. She did it again at the other gate tho I told her her hay net was waiting.
Then I realised. The staff often lunge or ride my horse to make her safer for me. She thought my total ride today was simply preparing for a hack. And she wanted to do it. There is a pic in the Times today of the Queen riding in a long mac. May be I should get mine out and wear it?

Reactions: Huggy

i-H4Xm83k-X2.jpg

SJ Video

Hacking
8 miles
2.5 hours

schooling 1 hour

Totals
Schooling
37 hours 50

Hacking
321 miles
86 hours 45
Now THAT'S impressive!!