2021 Hacking and Riding

I played in the big rd pen to test the
Waters then rode..
He was super. I stayed more to the arena for a change.
Jimmy the new tenn wallker Virginia got.
He may have been a bit flustered last nite.

She has b..b. guests and there were 3 kids running around like wild Indians.
They went chasing towards Jimmy's fence omg he let out the loudest longest snort then a second one.
I think it startled the kids and maybe scared them a bit .
I'm all rhe way up across the road in my little arena and it was loud so right there it must have been REALLY LOUD.

View attachment 107399View attachment 107400View attachment 107401View attachment 107402View attachment 107403View attachment 107404

My weed clumps are starting to get nice purple flowers
Oh I can imagine that snort! Storm once did a snort so loud where we used to live (she was going into the front field the first time after Joe died) it was downright ridiculous, I'm sure they will have heard her right over the other side of the valley!! so I can imagine what Jimmy's snort was like - quite startling!!!

He is so naughty! Exploaded out of the yard and into the field. So change my plan and came out again. Went down the track instead. He actually settled. Walked round the bottom field and all good. Went back in the original field at the far corner. He stopped, bucked then carried on. “Erm ok”. Carried on and this was the best fun ever. He REALLY wanted to belt up the hill. I said no while working very hard not to rise to the excitement. He bucked again. “It’s not working mate”. So turned up the hill. He REALLY REALLY wanted to go but he stayed calm. So allowed him to trot. So he cantered, so I said no. So he tried again and I said no. So he went buck and cantered, so he was pulled up. Carried on trotting, so he suggested extended trot instead.

Somehow got to the top of the field, spooked his way out of field and past the parked trailer. Got into yard and he pops his head down and strolls back as if he had been an angel. Get off and he asks for sweeties!!

Combination of terrible weather so nights in his stable and taking the half pad off his saddle I think. Saddle fitter is coming on Wednesday. I had put the half pad on since coming back to work. The saddle looks ok (to me not being a saddle fitter) without it but he maybe didn’t like the feel so much without.

Reactions: GaryB
It is lovely down south. We just went a gentle walk in the country park and had lunch sitting in the garden, I hope it stays fine for riding tomorrow. I havent had a fine calm weather hack for ages.
Youre lucky, Skib - I'm even further south, and it's horrid here - grey all day, and hammering rain again tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Was hoping to ride this morning but that got put off as i spent the morning repair chunkys fly rug which had come apart at the central seam of the back. So thought its ok I'll ride this evening. Hmm flippin weather. It decided at 7.30 just as i got home from work and shopping to pour with rain for the entire evening. Miffed i am.

Yay - I am now only working Monday to Thursday :) :)
My YO and coach had heard about a private arena that could sometimes be hired and we managed to hire it on Friday. My groom friend (and now fellow livery) went for a SJ lesson. It was very hot but Harvey was still very enthusiastic. We jumped at 90cm which was quite challenging for me with 10 fences in a 60x30 arena.

Saturday was a hack with groom friend building up her new share horse's hacking fitness. Sunday was very stormy so we just had a quick hack in one of the dry bits

P7028069-X2.jpg

P7028088-X2.jpg

P7028152-X2.jpg

P7028160-X2.jpg

Schooling
1 hour

Hacking
9 miles
3 hours

Totals
Schooling
11 hours 45

Hacking
237 miles
70 hours 15

Yay - I am now only working Monday to Thursday :) :)
My YO and coach had heard about a private arena that could sometimes be hired and we managed to hire it on Friday. My groom friend (and now fellow livery) went for a SJ lesson. It was very hot but Harvey was still very enthusiastic. We jumped at 90cm which was quite challenging for me with 10 fences in a 60x30 arena.

Saturday was a hack with groom friend building up her new share horse's hacking fitness. Sunday was very stormy so we just had a quick hack in one of the dry bits

P7028069-X2.jpg

P7028088-X2.jpg

P7028152-X2.jpg

P7028160-X2.jpg

Schooling
1 hour

Hacking
9 miles
3 hours

Totals
Schooling
11 hours 45

Hacking
237 miles
70 hours 15
Super colourful jumps!

Having scared myself last week for the first time ever, due to high winds, YM kindly took me out today. Very windy again. She had a horse to school. I have learned how easy it is to ride when following and also how unfit I am. One elderly rider at the opposite end of the riding scale from Garry but since everyone else shows their beloved horses, this is the current holder of my heart, 2 years since I first met her. Taken by OH while I was adjusting the stirrup I think.

Ellacrop5.jpg

Ohhh they are all nice but that first one
They are very nice - powder coated aluminum and vinyl graphics which I think would be quite easy to change. My YO says if she wins the lottery we can have some!

BTW I hope everyone is ok with all these SJ pics. I'm really not very good and I only do it for fun (pretty much everyone else on the yard competes). I'm lucky to have a horse that will pretty much jump anything if I present him to the fence right.

They are very nice - powder coated aluminum and vinyl graphics which I think would be quite easy to change. My YO says if she wins the lottery we can have some!

BTW I hope everyone is ok with all these SJ pics. I'm really not very good and I only do it for fun (pretty much everyone else on the yard competes). I'm lucky to have a horse that will pretty much jump anything if I present him to the fence right.
I love the jumping pics - very inspiring! (Not that I'm planning on having a go any day soon lol)

Yep you keep putting those jump pictures up. What does it matter that everyone else is competing. As far as im concerned jumping is jumping. If you enjoy just having lessons then so be it.

I wish i could get out more and go places like you do. Thats what i brought Billy for. Im disappointed i havent been able to achieve my goal. I have no desire to compete but just enjoy jumping and giving myself new challenges.

newrider.com