3 days til due date!

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
And it feels like forever! I absolutely do not want an induction (my body, my baby, my choice so unless we get to 10 days over, no induction). Anyone any suggestions as to how to spur on labour? I'm still mucking out/turning out/tending to my three and doing limited dog walking with our pooch due to back pain coming on. I know not everything works for everyone but any suggestions welcomed! Otherwise I might end up going back to work until labour kicks in...!

My friend had her 2nd in November, and she was worried about not making it to the hospital as she lives an hour away or having to be induced, that stress seemed to hold things up, once she relaxed baby came fast, so my (person of no personal experience) advice is relax and take care of yourself :)

I still struggle with the relaxing bit! I'm desperate to get out on the horses again, especially on lovely days like today. I thought I could do Inhand stuff but I'm just too big, slow and suffering from raging heartburn!! I have been doing my ante natal yoga daily along with a relaxation activity (savasna I think it's called?). I'm like your friend, an hour from hospital and at home with only the dog who is very attentive but not the best birthing partner :p I maybe just need to stop thinking about what I should be doing and enjoy the peace?!

I tried every trick in the book from a hot curry to jogging on the spot, nothing worked, most babies are very good at coming when they are good and ready and nothing you do will make a huge difference.
I guess things have changed since mine were born but no one intervened until you were at least ten days past your due date back then, especially with first babies, they are often notoriously ‘late’.
My best advice would be to relax, enjoy every last second of your baby free time while you still can and get lots of rest. Good luck for when he/she makes an appearance

Ask for an internal exam at your next antenatal appointment and if your midwife thinks your cervix is ripe enough, ask for a sweep?

I've had VERY negative experiences with my ante natal care unfortunately, most recently being told on Monday "your nearly full term, let's just get you in and whip baby out". When asked why, all I got was "you must be fed up of being pregnant?". Hubby and I were so angry/upset we made a formal complaint. The NHS are very good at pigeon holing you. Because I'm old(er) at 36 and have a BMI of more than 30, they anticipate I'll have all sorts. Turns out I've nothing wrong with me and baby is just fine! We have set the 10 day threshold with consultation from my usual consultant and midwife. Seems like I just need to take advantage of the extra baby-free time!

Domane, booked for a sweep on Sunday (my due date) with my own midwife so will be interested to see if things are moving on! Had an awful night last night with baby moving lots. I'm sure it's wiggled into a more central position. It has been head down for ages but bum was up under my right rib cage

Nothing to add except good luck! Exciting times :) Hope baby doesn't keep you waiting too long. My first two appeared at 39 and 38 weeks, second two were both a bit late. I was probably more active with each baby that came, as I had more to do running about with the older ones, but it didn't seem make any difference to when they decided to put in an appearance.

Have to say I’m shocked! Just shows how out of touch I am, why on earth would the NHS suggest inducing you when it’s not necessary..... crazy.
As for a ‘sweep’ off to google that one now.

I'd make the most off baby free time as your probably gonna have some sleepless nights fairly soon. Oh and dont forget youve got to look after them for the next 18 years.
Good luck hope all goes well.

A sweep sounds horrible tbh and I was dead against having one but I'd rather my own local midwife did it if it will give an indication of progress. A friend had her baby last month and she had six sweeps done over 3 days when in the maternity hospital - no!!

Sadly I've sleepless nights now! Heartburn, back ache, more heartburn, needing to pee, baby tap dancing resulting in needing to pee again, more back ache... I sleep a lot during the day when baby is quieter and not bouncing up and down on my bladder.

Sadly I've sleepless nights now! Heartburn, back ache, more heartburn, needing to pee, baby tap dancing resulting in needing to pee again, more back ache... I sleep a lot during the day when baby is quieter and not bouncing up and down on my bladder.
That means baby is nearly cooked ;) he/she is getting you ready for the restless night after he/she comes :) we'd like daily updates now, it's so exciting :)

Reactions: Kite_Rider
If it were me I’d be waiting for your baby and your body to decide when it’s ready. Personally and no judgement here the sweep is still an intervention and anything that can potentially introduce germs into your womb would be a no go for me.
Hopefully baby will decide to make a bid for freedom soon and you won’t need anything doing.
Good luck and I’m sending hurry up baby vibes your way in bucket loads.

newrider.com