4 extra teeth

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Now that was interesting,

Friend is loaning a horse who has 4 extra teeth. It came to light a few years back when the vet was called to an odd swelling on the horse's face.

ON inspection they turned out to be extra teeh growing side by in her gum. She is reputed to have the weirdest dentition in Scotland and her X rays have been used as a teaching aid for vet students.

Anyway, vet was out today due to her cheek being inflamed. I had a good look in her mouth and she has what I can only describe as elephant teeth.

This mare also has tushes and wolf teeth too!

Wart hogg, horse elephant combined.

They have no idea about her teeth, the vets just get very excited over it all. She was refered to the vet hospital in Aberdeen and the vets here thought they;d be removed. The vet hospital did not want to remove them, we just have to get up close and personal with a rasp a lot more.

How interesting. I "thought" I spotted some strange shaped teeth in Chloe's mouth just after we got her - I phoned the vet and when he came to check her over he said they were normal and nothing to bother about, yet to me (I am not terribly clued up of course) they didn't look quite right and seemed to stick out at the sides a bit like mini tusks!! They don't give her any bother (probably just normal as vets says).

newrider.com