A beautiful day

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Went home at lunch time to check the girls. What a beautiful day. First time in ages I've felt that Spring may appear at some point! (Tho last night was ridiculously windy I might add - got NO sleep at all!lol)
The sky was bright and it was so nice to see both horses out eating and standing in the sun enjoying it. But then I got to feeling a bit sad, Joe would have loved today weather wise, I can picture him stood in the field and if I'd gone over to him and buried my head in his neck fur the smell would have been warm, sun on coat smell......Gosh I miss him. But, life goes on and it is nice to have two that can enjoy such a day. It sort of makes up for the mud on a day like this doesn't it? Wish I'd taken a pic, cos for all my musings about the sun, both girls have now gone an interesting mud shade - I am NOt looking forward to grooming them..........!!!!!!!
What is your weather like wherever you are? Do hope its as settled as ours is today.
Oh, and now I know what you're all talking about with muddy gateways - in the past I've not really "done" all year round turnout.....and we only have the one with hard-core in it. The rest are "interesting" to say the least.......

It's not too bad here either at the moment, it's certainly not sitting in an office weather! grrr

Was windy for us too, still is a little but the sun has appeared and I'm staring out of my window at a big field which is begging to be galloped across! *sigh*

Unfortunately, our weather isn't so nice. We've been spoiled with a relatively mild winter so far but today is -14C (-22 with the windchill) and tomorrow is headed for -30. Forecast calls for a warm up on the weekend, but I'll believe that when I see it! Time to get Rusty's super heavy-weight turnout rug on.

Unfortunately, our weather isn't so nice. We've been spoiled with a relatively mild winter so far but today is -14C (-22 with the windchill) and tomorrow is headed for -30. Forecast calls for a warm up on the weekend, but I'll believe that when I see it! Time to get Rusty's super heavy-weight turnout rug on.

Our weather has been warm this winter as well Tbay, and has been between 9-11 degrees on the whole for the past week. The temps are supposed to drop tomorrow and we can expect temps of 1 or 2 degrees next week :cold:

I was thinking spring was in the air today aswell. Lovely sunshine, no rain! Noticed the daffodils are coming up, some are already in flower and the grass in growing. Then I had to got work:rolleyes:.

On the plus side I am going to clip the boy tomorrow (for the last time I hope) in preperation for our adventures in my new trailer I picked up yesterday.:biggrin: Have already thought of 4 places I want to take him! Just need to tell OH as he will be doing the driving.:giggle:

Unfortunately, our weather isn't so nice. We've been spoiled with a relatively mild winter so far but today is -14C (-22 with the windchill) and tomorrow is headed for -30.

Oh. My. Word. I'll never complain about the cold here again! :cold: (Although actually I will! :giggle:)

And yes Trewsers we've had similar weather - it's glorious isn't it? :dance:

It was gorgeous again this morning! Had to drag myself away from the horses after I'd ridden, wished I'd had day off...........Would have liked to spend the day horse-watching..............heheehheheeee.

Tbaynancy - how on earth do you keep warm riding Rusty when it is that cold?! You must need about a million layers...................!

newrider.com