A different weather gripe

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
When I did the neds this morning it was 0c but feels like temp of -4c, today is meant to be bright and sunny (to go with the flood warning :rolleyes:) and reach 9c (same feels like temp) by 1400, rugs on/rugs off? o_O a 13c temp change in a few hours is ludicrous!

I left both on in the end, its meant to feel like minus temps until after 1200, then suddenly shoot up between 1300-1400, Hank is in his pen and can't get out of the wind/rain if it starts and Jess is looking a bit slim at the moment and she's half clipped, and I will be there by 1500 today so they only have to be warm for an hour.

It's driving me mad too. It's the same at night - Little Un is hunter clipped & so obviously when temperatures drop to freezing or below & he's stood in he needs a reasonable level of rugging, but what to do when until late it's fairly warm?

Reactions: Jessey
I was going to drop the rugs off for an hour today whilst we were seeing to the cows as the sun had a wee bit of heat this afternoon. But they decided not to play ball so didn't get chance. I really want to put the boys in there lightweights but the temps are just not quite up there yet. I think there going to start sweating during the day in there heavyweights.

I am still holding the clippers but haven't touched her with them!
Do I bib or not bib. I probably will.

Madam looks like a raggy yak. She's shedding. But out of the sun it's still really nippy. I am lucky to be on elastic. I rug. I de rug. Then rug. You get the idea!lol sometimes I do wonder how people working and busy people go on with this weather!!! I wouldn't like to have to make the choice and leave them all day.

Its a pain in the backside when the weather is so up and down. I used to be back and forwards but now from this time of year onwards if they have plenty shelter ill leave the rugs off for a few hrs during the day as id rather abit too cold than too warm, if shelter isnt great its a light weight, on a day like you describe Jessey i leave a rain sheet on to at least protect from the wet. Its easier to judge when they still have a full coat for me but can get very hard if they are clipped knowing what to do for the best.

newrider.com