A Happy Positive Thread

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
I keep reading all these threads of depression, illness, grumpyness, general bad stuff happening, I started to feel grumpy myself! I really feel for everyone so I think we should have a light hearted thread.

So that's post things that cheer us up in order to lighten the mood on here....

6 days more and the nights will start to draw out again....

I am getting a new puppy tomorrow.....

Its my wedding anniversary on 2nd Jan:happy:

Sorry I am one of those annoying people that is happy most of the time....

A new puppy, a new puppy! What sort of puppy? Oh I'm broody already!

My happy thread is - I have been working like a dog for 2 months and travelling a lot and I have now FINISHED until after Christmas!

Pix of newpup instantly plz

Puppy is a black lab baby girl.... to go with the other 3:redface:

I am collecting her tomorrow night hopefully.... adorable pictures will be posted as soon as she is home:cloud9:

Well done on your happy post, sounds like you deserve a lovely break:happy:

I'm the same Nat, I always try to find positives in any situation and I don't get it when people are grumpy all the time and moan for moanings sake because I'm not naturally like that!

My positives are:

Only 4 more days at work before we break up for Christmas!
10 sleeps to Christmas! and it's the first me and OH have in our own house so everthing is exciting!
My work's Christmas party on Friday, so free night out!
going to watch Rugby tonight!
I now have a brand new bathroom all fitted after being without for 2 weeks!
more snow coming on Saturday! can't help but be excited I LOVE SNOW!!
:dance: :dance:

YIPPEE

I am alway happy. I am lucky that I never let things get in top of me. I love my job even though somestimes it can be very overwheming with what I have to deal with.

Even when my dad was very ill I looked to the brighter side and told him how great he is. didn't see the point about getting upset it is out of my hands.

I refuse to worry about things that I can't change or effect. If something does upset me it's last for minutes whats the point!!

I dont have anyone in my life that brings me down, been there done all that life is to short be sad and unhappy. I am grateful to those that make me happy and thankful for the things I have that bring me happiness.

I spent the first 30 years of my life sad,unhappy,ungrateful over thinking comments, underthinking my value, self doubting etc etc etc etc blarrr blarr blarr

leaving work now going to ride my wonderful horse, I having my first lesson is 2 weeks so excited can't wait to see if my RO notices a difference in my riding now my back has been seen too/:bounce:

Ah you have loads to look forward to then Jovi! First Christmas in a new house and with the luxury of a your bathroom back... you will feel like royalty then:mstickle:

Completely with you OwnedbyChanter, I tend not to worry about anything I cant change, and I have built up the strength over the years to be strong and not get too down when the ups and downs happen.

Have fun in your lesson:happy:

its not annoying ;) its a breath of fresh air :tongue: and much needed for us grumpy gits at the moment lol
Agree with this Tots N Dots - just ignore us grumps - actually I dont think I AM really grumpy - tend to make a joke out of most of my misfortunes if I possibly can.:unsure:

Whats makes me happy - waiting for a phone call from BIrish about a very possible new horsey custom made for a jittery OAP!

Seeing Soloman still managing to plod around the field and do a quick quick shuffle when he sees me coming with his feed and bute etc.! And he still whinnys for me - so thats a real plus.

Seeing both my sons fit and well and happy - having both had the old grim reaper tap them on the shoulder tis a source of great happiness to still have them alive and well and here with me and OH!:angel:

So what more could I need - nothing actually so promise to stop grumbling so much!:redface::bounce:

OBC - I wish i could have that way of thinking somtimes, im forever letting everything get to me at the moment :cry:

My Happy Reasons are....

-Xmas is VERY close, im so excited as OH has apparently splashed out on me this year, i havent been allowed in his garage for at least a month now :tongue:
Plus i cant wait to see his face when he opens his prezzies...all 17 of them :giggle:

- Break up from work on Xmas Eve, thank god for that. I havent had a week off since september. Its been a very long hard slog.
So some time to just forget about it all will be FAB!

Oh and the face i have the most lovliest OH,doggy & Pony ever :biggrin:

I'm reading through this thread and thinking to myself that I belong on the other one - should probably go and post there before I come back and post here (vent about the bad first and then fill my head with the good).

I'll be back.
:running:

Ok, got it all out on the other thread, I'm happy because of one word - Flipo. No matter all the crap we went through in the last year, I have really never wanted to give him up and now looking back over the summer of hard work it would seem that I won't have to - I may not be as overhorsed as I thought.

adorable pictures will be posted as soon as she is home:cloud9:

You better!

ETA, I agree, where did Autumn go this year? Did I miss it?

Well ... I am doing work placement at a large petshop and i have been kinda offered a job so am there til friday and working saturday! I'm going to hand my CV into a nursing home so i can see what the general nursing career is like. Erm were going around town for my mates birthday on saturday so it will be a great time to relax and have fun.No college til the 5 of Jan!!! And and i am see pony tomorrow :) Cant wait to see her!

Happy happy happy, lesson was amazing. he really is a great boy and come so far. When we first started together his canter was shocking in the indoor school struggled to get in to get fell out of it and took the wrong leg ALL the time. After 3 years of sodding hard work tonight went straight in to both reins on the correct leg and kept going until I asked him to stop. I LOVE MY HORSEY.

THEN i get home and OH has brought me the new Matt Cardle CD. I LOVE MY OH too.:bounce: Life is perfect and we get married in 2 months yippe

Oh dear.... it will all change then...lol:giggle:

I should no better really we both have been married before:unsure: If I am honest the change in me since I meet Steve 5 years ago is amazing I think in all that time I have only seen him down once. He even wakes up smiling and happy I guess it's just rubbed off on me.

He sounds nice, no wonder you are getting him wed then, I have a grumpy farmer.. he wakes to different levels of hate from me depending on how much and loud his snoring was:sleep::running:

His grumpyness with not rub off on me
His grumpyness with not rub off on me:spin:

My happy things:

*Christmas is so close - I just can't wait. This is the most festive I have ever felt. Looking forward to seeing the kids faces.

*Saw the dentist this morning & she has finally agreed to pull the wisdom teeth. The first one goes on Tuesday. I know this wouldn't usually be a happy thing but they have been bugging me for years so I'm really happy to be getting shot of them.

*Managed to talk the boss into going to a nice restaurant for our Christmas party this year instead of the Harvester so I'm very popular at work.

*Neices 21st birthday party on Saturday. Not only am I very proud of the young woman she is turning out to be but I'm also looking forward to seing loads of people I haven't seen for ages

Last edited:
I'm happy as I just realised in march I will have had odin for a year and hopefully many more! He is just amazing I don't know what I'd do without him
Also chuffed to finish work for xmas on friday
In fact this thread just makes you more cheerful !

newrider.com