A little bit full at the moment!

eml

Apr 29, 2002
Leicestershire
www.ivanhoeequestrian.net
Showing friend who runs a local RS posted on FB she was being flooded and needed to relocate 30 odd horses, some of which needed stabling. We fortunately have several still living out at the moment so said 'bring those that need stables over, we have about 10 spare stables if we have a shuffle!' A local farmer gave them a hill field to turn field ponies out on and other another friend took the stallion we couldn't accomodate

For the second trip to us they were having to lead horses to the box up to their elbows in water, on returning they had to find a boat to get back to their house where they and their dogs moved upstairs as the river flooded the groundfloor, washed away the school surface, took all their jumps, the daughter's car, helpers caravan and their entire stock of winter feed/bedding as well as tack and the contents of their tack shop

A few friends have rallied around with spare feed /bedding but I suspect this will be a long struggle for them.

I am a great believer in supporting people in need, you never know when you will need help yourself. So sad to see someones life's work go through flooding though, they do RDA, PC etc but being in a high risk flood area have little insurance (not even sure the house is covered?)

You are right, I believe in karma and always help folk out where I am able. Like you say you never know when you may need the same!

So sad for the yard, its hard enough for businesses to survive at the moment without floods.

OMG eml that's awful - how sad for them, I hope they manage to recoup their business and glad so many people were able to help them in their time of need.

Oh those poor, poor people. Glad all the the people and animals are safe and well, I'm sure they appreciate your kindness.

That's so awful :( to work so hard to build up a business and then to see it getting destroyed is something that no-one deserves to go through.

They're very lucky to have friends as kind as you to help them in their hour of need

How horrible for them :(

Fantastic that you are able to and have helped them out. I do hope they manage to get back on their feet after all this.

newrider.com