A lovely morning treat.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Not exciting to most people but I walked to the yard this morning :D
I've been upping my walks since my op and this morning all I wanted to do was go and see Belle, I'm really missing the morning routine so much.
So armed with my boots, a good coat and my mobile phone off I went, it's just over three miles and it took me about an hour but it was worth it to see the surprise followed by delight on Belles beautiful face, I got her in using the borrowed head collar I can use one handed and gave her a cuddle and a brush, then I took her for a little walk for some in hand grazing, which she loved lol
I am bursting to try some groundwork and walks out with her but want to wait until my stitches come out first, I still feel a bit protective of the shoulder and am a bit scared I might do some damage if I get knocked about.
After I put Belle back out I spent some time finding my friends horses itchy spots, shes on box rest just now - had surgery the day after me - she was looking a bit frustrated and sorry for herself, she loved it and we had a mutual grooming moment, I think she must be feeling a bit like me just now.
Even though ive been to the yard every evening with my hubby it was just so lovely to get there under my own steam, I was going to catch the bus back but ended up getting a lift from a friend who recognised me walking to the bus stop, was too tired to walk back, but all in all a super happy morning for me, Belle and I like to think my friends horse too :D

I can so relate to that. When I broke my wrist in January the first thing I did the following day was go for a long walk on my own. It's like proving you are still independent! Well done you. Was it a lovely day as it was here?

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I can so relate to that. When I broke my wrist in January the first thing I did the following day was go for a long walk on my own. It's like proving you are still independent! Well done you. Was it a lovely day as it was here?
First day after my op I only managed 10 mins and then my legs turned to jelly! Lol
Yes it was glorious, cold, but beautiful sunshine. I feel great today, like I've turned a bit of a recovery corner, but I'm sure it's more mental than physical.
Horses, fresh air and sunshine are just so good for the soul. I know it sounds a bit pathetic, but to me the enjoyment of such simple pleasures are what life is all about :D

Aww that's so lovely. I had an op a couple of years ago and was bed ridden for a few weeks. I know the feeling of just managing something on your own. I walked round the corner to my friends, had a cup of tea and walked back. Hilariously, and so like me, I found an unconscious man on the way back!! So I ended up being out a lot longer than I expected while I rang and waited for an ambulance to come for him! Xx

How lovely! How are you healing? Are you behaving yourself?

I can't walk to my yard..... its 10.5 miles away!!!

How lovely! How are you healing? Are you behaving yourself?

I can't walk to my yard..... its 10.5 miles away!!!
No i wouldn't be walking ten miles either! I'm doing really well I think, just waiting until I see the consultant next week and can really get going with the physio, I've been religiously doing the bit of physio so far, as for behaving.... I'm saying nothing! ;)

Glad to hear you are doing well and managing to do bits independantly with belle :D you'll be aceing the groundwork in no time :D
Thanks Jessey, I will unless Belle has other ideas, I think she's rather enjoying her time off a little bit too much. :)

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com