A lovely unexpected birthday present

MAC66

Jun 18, 2009
Kent
It was my birthday last week, also our wedding anniversary the previous week and OH's birthday this week so as it was a milestone birthday for me we invited some friends out for a meal to celebrate all three events. Normally we don't usually exchange presents, but if we do it's usually just a small token gift. To my surprise everyone gave us both presents and one of mine was an original watercolour of three horses under a tree. I'm told the artist is a well-known watercolourist and the friend who gave me the painting is also an artist and regards him very highly. It's a gift I will always treasure, not because of the value of the painting, but because of the thought my friend put into choosing it especially for me.

I hope you will be able to see it from this small picture, I've also put on one of my friends pictures I bought from her last year. I've just checked the thumbnails and the colour doesn't seem quite right on the horse picture but it gives an idea.

Attachments

• IMG_1422.jpg
    IMG_1422.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1371.jpg
    IMG_1371.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 17
It was my birthday last week, also our wedding anniversary the previous week and OH's birthday this week so as it was a milestone birthday for me we invited some friends out for a meal to celebrate all three events. Normally we don't usually exchange presents, but if we do it's usually just a small token gift. To my surprise everyone gave us both presents and one of mine was an original watercolour of three horses under a tree. I'm told the artist is a well-known watercolourist and the friend who gave me the painting is also an artist and regards him very highly. It's a gift I will always treasure, not because of the value of the painting, but because of the thought my friend put into choosing it especially for me.

I hope you will be able to see it from this small picture, I've also put on one of my friends pictures I bought from her last year. I've just checked the thumbnails and the colour doesn't seem quite right on the horse picture but it gives an idea.

That's a lovely watercolour, Mac66 - the painter has captured the light and shade on the horses beautifully. You are lucky to have it. What's the painter's name, by the way?

newrider.com