A quick snippet from yesterday's EquiPilates lesson

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
So, yesterday Pete & I braved winds, rain & hail (because naturally, it is July) for a lesson with an Equipliates instructor. It was a little nerve wracking as since Pete was written off by so many instructors, I've stuck solely with my trainer who has helped with Pete from the ground, through the re-backing process & everything from then on. But, this instructor was fantastic (and it helps that my friend has used her & filled her in on him ...!) & was super supportive and encouraging of Pete's sensitive, quirky tendencies.

It was such a great session - I had to wear a Visualise jacket which really highlights how straight & level you are as a rider. She picked up I tended to naturally weight my right seatbone and my ribcage subseqeuently isn't level.

It was a bit of a suprise to ride a centre line with my eyes closed and end up on the diagonal ... :D

This is a clip from about halfway through our lesson - I'm so pleased with how much straighter Pete was & how relaxed he was. His paces & frame certainly improved but he remained incredibly relaxed & tension free.

Lots & lots to improve on, but I'm so pleased with how far he's come :)

wow! very very impressive!
the vid is quite burry my end but when you do come into focus you are an amazingly still & quiet rider, he is amazingly relaxed and forward with head low and back up:cool::cool::cool:
Amazing!

I had an equipilates lesson, I found it incredibly beneficial I just wish there was someone closer so I could make it a regular thing, is this ri close enough you can keep on with it? Pete looks fab in the video, a credit to your perseverance with him :)

The RI who taught us has a Pilates teacher who comes to the yard and reading what you posted, I can see some of this creeps into our lessons.
Are the headlights your nipples? Or your eyes?

Thanks for sharing the video, its very interesting to me as I have just posted a thread about me putting too much weight to the left because of a hip issue. :)

wow! very very impressive!
the vid is quite burry my end but when you do come into focus you are an amazingly still & quiet rider, he is amazingly relaxed and forward with head low and back up:cool::cool::cool:
Amazing!

Sorry it's so blurry - I'm guessing the quality may have been reduced by uploading it to Facebook & as it was so wet, I don't think it was the best quality it could have been in the first place ...!

Thanks - that's such a lovely thing to say, especially as I often feel a messy, un-coordinated lump just flapping about hoping for the best ... :D

I had an equipilates lesson, I found it incredibly beneficial I just wish there was someone closer so I could make it a regular thing, is this ri close enough you can keep on with it? Pete looks fab in the video, a credit to your perseverance with him :)

She's a little over an hour away & willing to travel - so we are aiming every 6-12 weeks, I think which will allow time for practise & a session with my regular trainer in between :) I'm so pleased she's local-ish though, as there's so much to work on!

The RI who taught us has a Pilates teacher who comes to the yard and reading what you posted, I can see some of this creeps into our lessons.
Are the headlights your nipples? Or your eyes?

They were supposed to be my boobs - but at this stage if hadn't registered with me, as I misheard her the first time due to Pete spooking at something!

Thanks for sharing the video, its very interesting to me as I have just posted a thread about me putting too much weight to the left because of a hip issue. :)

It's was a really interesting lesson - if there's somebody nearby, I'd 100% recommend a session :)

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com