a reason for stirrups with bareback pads??

susannah_x

Jul 31, 2008
Surrey
i have 2 completely different horses, one of which i cannot possibly find a saddle for. he's a 15.3 cob x arab however his back is so wide and flat there is literally a foot wide flat part where his withers are, before it even starts sloping off!!! he is not overweight, this is 95% muscle!!! (we are picture perfect of thelwell) i have had saddlers from far and wide with no hope. my problem is that he is spooked, and will jump sideways without warning, therefore making completely bareback riding an impossibility! help!

What about a treeless saddle? :) I have one for my cob who is an xxw in a treed saddle, fits her perfectly, doesn't even slide at all, surprising when she has no withers:p:)

Not sure if that answers your question or not......did you mean you want a saddle for him? :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Please please please don't get a bareback pad with stirrups! All your weight is spread across one tiny little strip, can cause terrible back problems!

Please please please don't get a bareback pad with stirrups! All your weight is spread across one tiny little strip, can cause terrible back problems!

Not to mention that if you fall off, bareback stirrups are firmly attached and won't come off like regular stirrups. Good way to be dragged!

newrider.com