A showing we will go

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
We are going to our show today. He isn't looking his best, coat changing, bit dull but then he hasn't been well. Got him as clean as I can. Not done any practicing so who knows what he will do in the ring after his debacle at the first show. Pray there are no foals in the ring. Will explain to the stewards that he isn't going to trot up, so they can put us last if they want. If the ground is soft - and given the rain we have had I wonder why I have bothered to get his feathers white as I imagine we will be filthy by the time we get into the ring - I may try a couple of trot strides but play it by ear.

He is on the yard eating and waiting. so fingers crossed.

Reactions: Jessey
020.jpg022.jpgnteresting day at the show. We got stuck in the mud in the way in and horsebox had to be towed out. Made the class by 5 minutes.....it was very wet underfoot so not sure why i bothered to clean his feathers as we were wet and muddy by the time he got in the ring. He behaved impeccably apart from when he had to stand and be inspected by the judge, he had to empty his tank......honestly, was hilarious.....He was called in 4th out of 6, all the others were tb or light types and aged 17. Someone had gone into 4th spot by the time i got there and there was no room to go in. So the stewards didn't ask her to move and i got the 5th place rosette instead. Sort of sums up the day!

But he was sound as a pound and one of his vets was watching as she was going in the next class.008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg012.jpg013.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg

Last edited:
Took the words out of my mouth - I was going to ask were the judges sight impaired - he looked fab!

It’s frustrating when you take a true old horse to a veteran class and there are a load of 14 year olds.... that’s not old

He looked fab glad he behaved for you

It’s frustrating when you take a true old horse to a veteran class and there are a load of 14 year olds.... that’s not old

He looked fab glad he behaved for you
there is a huge difference between a 17 year old which the rest of the class were and an older veteran, this has been the case at all the shows this year, younger horses all light tb types, no cobs, heavies. anyway he was really happy in the ring and I know he was the best boy there.

• Love
Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com