A Snowy Piccie Fest of My Gang....

Sarah-B

Oct 8, 2005
Hampshire
Despite only having an elderly BMW (thus rear wheel drive) we ventured to the stables the day after the big snowfall - AND we made it!! We tried again a second time though and ended up in a snow drift!!

DH drove very carefully and it didn't even take that much longer than usual. The horses were very pleased to see us and I was very glad of Speedibeet as I was able to soak them some fresh whilst we waited - the stuff I soaked the other day was one big popsicle. I wanted to put hot water in their feeds but unfortunately the leccy was off.

It was beautiful!! I just love snow!!

On the way:
BatBallRoad.jpg

The lane the yard is on (and Daisy JRT):
Lane.jpg

The gang:
SnowyGang.jpg

Woolly TC:
WoollyTC.jpg

King:
King.jpg

My field & shelter:
Fieldshelter.jpg

Crofter and Milo sharing a feed!!:
CrofterMilo.jpg

Daisy and Milo (Daisy LOVES the snow and prances like a loon - Milo being smooth coated (and having a virtually bald undercarriage) feels the cold so is not so keen!!:
DaisyMilo4-2.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Lovely pics and lovely horses. Very fluffy and looking in great condition. I assume they are living out 24/7 with the field shelter. They are obviously well looked after by their mum:D

Lovely pics and lovely horses. Very fluffy and looking in great condition. I assume they are living out 24/7 with the field shelter. They are obviously well looked after by their mum:D

Thank you!! They do live out 24/7 although I have two stables as well as the shelter, I rarely use them.

I nearly caved and put rugs on but after checking them they were toasty so I didn't. I wouldn't rug Jas (my Shetland in the south) and TC and King are so chunky it's so hard to get rugs to fit without rubbing/slipping....

I luv TC :D

And King is gorgeous, I don't think I remember you mentioning him before.

Hows Crofter doing with the cold weather? I know he's quite an old lad :)

newrider.com