A succesful outing for the new boy!

Sunshine-x

Jul 31, 2008
So I have a very smart new pony (17hh pony shhh) and he has in the last couple of weeks had my sidesaddle put on him. I've been having saddle problems with my grey boy so the new lad stepped up after having a sidesaddle on only 4 times to go showing! Well I'll tell you what he was incredible! First class was the Open Equitation where he did a sweet individual show and behaved impeccably to be pulled in 3rd! Dead pleased! I then put him in for the Concours D'Elegance and we did even better in this one and were pulled in 2nd!! Over the moon with him, he is such a sweetheart! Got little prizes and everything! It's looking like I might be having 2 horses going to Nationals with me now, exciting stuff!! Couple of pics for you, nothing too exciting I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Beautiful horse and you look hugely elegant on him.

If anything happens to the very quirky Tobes (it won't, I am sure he will live to be 100!), I shall def come to you for a horse!!

Wow, he looks fab!! And how quickly he has taken to your side saddle, lovely boy. I am sure i have asked you this before, but where are you based? Had almost a year of unsuccessful horse hunting for mum mother in law and tearing my hair out!!

Wow he is stunning and well done to you, I am so in awe of how brilliant you are, I'd love to try sidesaddle but I just about manage regular way lol

Thanks he is such a gentleman! Kaliko I am in Oxfordshire, what are you after?
We are in Scotland :-( Mother in Law wants a flashy 16hh plus horse, preferably chestnut. Her riding abilities and age/health want a 15hh safe and sensible all round cob type! Priority is safeness and quietness hacking in traffic. She has ridden off and on for 45 years but more off than on the past 10 and a nasty accident about 5 years ago on an unsuitable horse seriously injured her and had wrecked her confidence. The issue we are having is that what she needs and what she would like to have are two totally different things! :-(

I have found a couple of really nice safe small horses to go and see and she has turned her blooming nose up at all of them. As a result has gone 10 months with no horse after loosing her last one to heart failure.

Beautiful. I've been missing your pics and threads there doesn't seem to have been many.
If I suddenly turn into a proper rider I will come to you for a horse:D Think I'd best stick with the potty old connie for the moment.....

I've been a bit rubbish with pics recently, haven't bothered loading them onto here a lot of the time! Must try harder!!

Those are extraordinary markings, what would you say he was?

As always you look fantastic and so elegant. Does he ride very differently from your grey boy, being so tall and all?

He is lovely looking! I'm so jealous of you having all those fab horses to ride. I'd love to try side saddle too one day.

Those are extraordinary markings, what would you say he was?

I know a horse who has similar smaller markings and his owners just say he is a fleabitten grey (other than those markings he is). I just wonder if there is a more technical term or gene responsible for it.

Yes it was OBC, lovely show :) Jane he is very different to ride but still lovely. He is a fleabitten grey with bloody shoulder. I know a couple with similar markings must all be local to me!

I love his markings and what a very good horse he has turned out to be so very quickly too. Lucky, lucky you Sunshine-x - how do you find them?;)

I am lucky in that I tend to have a strong instinct if the horse will be any good or not. Had the most incredible one arrive today will post pics tomorrow, he is exactly my cup of tea!!

Reactions: kaliko99
You have such an excting job. I am very jealous.

Glad the show went well, can't see the pics as I am at work (working very hard obviously!) but will look when I get home.

newrider.com