A thing of beauty is a joy forever....

Wow, that's beautful. Especially love the bit at the end. Lots of trust there.

Andalusians are gorgeous, I really want one :)

wow.gif

Thanks for that.

wwhhhooaaa!!!! how cool is that!! that horse is so sweet, the trust he puts in her!! he plays with her like shes one of him!

I've been seeing the Appasionatta show befoe, its the most amazing thing. Some horse show type things, you can see the riders/handlers are just showing off about what they can make their horses do. This one shows off what their horses can do, nothing to do with the handlers. You can tell how much they respect the animals. Not liek others i've seen. This show made me cry when i saw it :eek:

Ye i know ?........
I would not call it trust.
Mine would not run at me and pull faces,sit down etc but we trust each other more then that horse and girl.....
Any way it's one of those things we will never know.

I dont know about trust from the horses angle, but that lass obviously trusts that animal a great deal. How many of us would stand in front of our horses while they reared up like that? A stick in your hand wouldnt be much us if he decided to just flatten her one night:eek:

In my opinion, the horse is undergoing play with her, like with other horses, based on sound free schooling. His ears were forward when going towards her and only going back when he was given the signal to avoid her (which originally will have been done by opening the arms), one ear was on her when cantering around her, saying he was listening and as for the whip.. she only used it to touch his legs to help him lie down and to ask him to rear (probably as a small amount of defense against a stray hoof).

This is a stallion... if he wanted to harm her or didn't trust her, he could strike her out with one hoof and certainly wouldn't do what we have seen.

If you are interested and can get away from the idea of a whip being used as punishment and more as an extension of the arm, then take a look at the following clip too. The horse is constantly wanting to come in to the handler and is treating the session as play (admittedly where he is beneath the handler in rank). The Spanish Riding School also use whips to get the horses to do movements but they would never be accused of instilling fear in their animals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N1ZiA8SUyk

Oooh no, I don't like it :eek: !

I've no moral objections to the show :) , but it looks exactly that to me - "a rehersed, full of tricks, smoke and mirrors, show."

Nothing "wrong" with that, except that it looks to be wrapped up in the guise "look what an amazingly clever relationship I have with my horse."

Maybe it's just me though. Those types of shows never (for me) capture what they set out to capture in the first place. They always come across as overly dramatic and/or lame (no pun intended lol :p ).

But it's always nice to see a stunning horse I suppose :) .

Last edited:
In my opinion, the horse is undergoing play with her, like with other horses, based on sound free schooling. His ears were forward when going towards her and only going back when he was given the signal to avoid her (which originally will have been done by opening the arms), one ear was on her when cantering around her, saying he was listening and as for the whip.. she only used it to touch his legs to help him lie down and to ask him to rear (probably as a small amount of defense against a stray hoof).

This is a stallion... if he wanted to harm her or didn't trust her, he could strike her out with one hoof and certainly wouldn't do what we have seen.

If you are interested and can get away from the idea of a whip being used as punishment and more as an extension of the arm, then take a look at the following clip too. The horse is constantly wanting to come in to the handler and is treating the session as play (admittedly where he is beneath the handler in rank). The Spanish Riding School also use whips to get the horses to do movements but they would never be accused of instilling fear in their animals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N1ZiA8SUyk

WOW WOW!!!! that is ace, i love the way they play together. that horse is so supple too! those canter circles were tiny! rein backs were a little hollow though lol :D still stunning

Ptaty- love that clip! Kind of like shooting for the moon, but it gives us a taste of what is really possible.

The LOTR music nearly brought a tear to my eye (as always!!) but I *REALLY* don't like the video.
Why do you not like it? Just curious...

I look at both of these as shows- horses trained to the utmost in the discipline for which they have been chosen. No different than a dressage horse, a jumper, a trackhorse, an eventer- they are all trained for the use their humans have chosen them for. For myself, I want a horse that is so well trained for mountain riding that both the horse and rider are safe no matter what happens out there. A dressage rider wants a horse that will perform in the show ring exactly as it was rehearsed back at the stables. These horses are just trained for a different purpose-to show off the beauty of the horse, and the grace of dancing together. Humans do it all the time- it's called ballet:) .

This type of show is probably more comfortable for horses than other disciplines since they don't have to carry a rider...

newrider.com