A unplanned dismount a holiday and some sad news

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Well it has been two weeks of ups and downs for my family and I.

Last week the day before we were going on holiday my parents came to visit to look after our old dog for us. My parents have especially my dad has never watched me ride Ginger pony, My mum had she but not my dad as I am a daddy's girl it has always upset me a little.

Any way the day before we were due to fly I had planned on jumping the ginger one when mum and dad said they wanted to come and watch. I was so nervous as I really wanted my dad to be proud of me as he was really sporty and good at everything he tried. Where I try most things but only just manage to be OK at things.

Any way OH was putting the jumps up and Ginger was popping them nicely but not as well as normal. I was not really paying attention the the height and as we came over an upright he did jump is well which set up us badly for the spread which was next. As we went in I knew he could not make it......he stopped it was really slow not a slam on of the breaks and I ended up stood next to him!!!!

OH dropped the jumps I slammed by legs on and rode them again and he leaped them like a dream. Once I cooled him off I went to have a look and OH had the straight up at a 1m and the spread at 90cm OMG I didn't even notice and he was jumping them with room to spare. Anyway got back on tonight for the first time and popped over a couple and he was his normal flying pony self and I had not lost my nerve completely.

Then we went on holiday for a week

Then the bad news. Yesterday I got home and my amazing springer Monty would not get up. He has been ill for years but I believe he waited until we got home I wrapped him up in a blanket and OH and I drove to the vets where they said the best thing for him was PTS.

We knew this was the right thing to do but it does not make it any easier. OH had him from a puppu and he was 13. He was a complete character and the house feels empty with out him and out other two dogs are really quiet.

At least now he can run again.

Always on my mind forever in my heart love you so much Monty moo2012-02-13 18.41.51.jpg

Its wonderful your dad got to see you ride, even if a graceful but unexpected dismount was involved :p Sorry to hear about Monty, they leave such a huge hole don't they :(

We feel for you and your OH losing your old favourite. But glad the bad news didnt turn out to be injury to you or Ginger.

Oh ObC that has made me cry, my old Springer is 12 and I was only thinking today that perhaps she has only a year left in her. She is the dog of my heart and I can see that Monty was yours. I am so sorry. When you see Monty again he will come towards you bouncing like a puppy as a Springer should.

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
So sorry for your loss OBC. Monty was obviously well loved and I'm sure that with you he had the best life a dog can have. Run free Monty xxx

newrider.com