A very happy DD :)

diamonddogs

Apr 14, 2008
Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho
Regular readers will know how I can't get long boots to fit my footballer's calves, but I can't afford/can't justify the expense of made to measure for the amount of shows I do, so imagine my delight at picking up a pair of butter soft, dressage top long leather boots (that go round my legs without making my feet look like Krusty the Klown's) at a horsey car boot for...

A fiver! Yes, five English pounds!

I also bagged a medium weight turnout (in spite of owning 23 rugs, I hadn't got a medium weight) for £3. Sadly had to pass on a brand new Charles Owen hat for showing for £10 because I didn't have enough cash on me. :(

Dead right - boots are made so small these days. I found an old pair of boots at the back of my wardrobe last year, and they fitted me perfectly when new, and guess what - they still do, and my calves haven't changed shape since I was a teenager.

I was looking on eBay last night for something, and found out that a size 14* is considered XL these days. Back in the day size 12 was average, size 10 was considered skinny if the person was over 5' 2" and size 8 wasn't stocked in most shops.

:bounce:

*Marilyn Munroe was a UK size 14 (36-23-36, bra size 36D, 5' 5") and Liz Hurley was rumoured to have said of her "I've always thought Marilyn Monroe looked fabulous, but I'd kill myself if I was that fat ... She was very big."

It's not recorded whether MM could get a pair of long riding boots to fit her though!

Last edited:
newrider.com