A very splendid lady

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
This Tweet popped up on our timeline today and I so recommend it. It's in French but there are subtitles (and the lady's French is so beautiful too!).

My dear Aunt Joan was one of the first nurses into Bergen-Belsen at liberation; she probably met this lady, Francine Christophe, when she was a little girl. Mme Christophe reminds me of her. Please do watch.

This Tweet popped up on our timeline today and I so recommend it. It's in French but there are subtitles (and the lady's French is so beautiful too!).

My dear Aunt Joan was one of the first nurses into Bergen-Belsen at liberation; she probably met this lady, Francine Christophe, when she was a little girl. Mme Christophe reminds me of her. Please do watch.
Can you post a link J&Z

Very moving story (with English subtitles, so the French is not a problem), but it only ran half way, then stopped with a message This media could not be played :(

It is very very beautiful and I agree, hearing Mme Christophe speak with such dignity and eloquence only enhances the impact of her story.

(It is also available here just in case the link doesn't work for anyone else www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXGfngjmwLA )

newrider.com