Aargh, no heating!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Woke up this morning (with a hangover naturally) to find the central heating isn't working.

It's 10 degrees in our house and getting colder.

Why, oh why on a Saturday???? :cry:

I have triumphed!

OH is South African, doesn't understand heating and doesn't do cold. Like a lizard, he is torpid until the temperature goes above 15 degrees. So he stayed in bed while I consulted all our instruction booklets, realised there was something wrong with the thermostat and FIXED IT!

Boiler now roaring, temperature 14 degrees and rising, OH may surface soon...

I have triumphed!

OH is South African, doesn't understand heating and doesn't do cold. Like a lizard, he is torpid until the temperature goes above 15 degrees. So he stayed in bed while I consulted all our instruction booklets, realised there was something wrong with the thermostat and FIXED IT!

Have you not got an energy saving heater as back up if it happens again? Then he has no excuse:wink:

I have triumphed!

OH WELL DONE YOU:smile:

You can walk around all day now with a :smug: and :happy: smile on your
face muttering about 'how Women DON'T need Men really :bounce:

I couldnt cope without heat either - central heating is on all day and all night and we also have a stove in the lounge that is on all day. Our house is an old stone cottage and once it gets cold - you're stuffed!

Well done for fixing it!

newrider.com