About to buy new leather saddle - how much to budget?

Jul 15, 2005
Essex
I've had a bonus at work, and have decided to buy a new saddle. Have been riding treeless for years now, but can't get used to jumping in my treeless saddle - it's just not the right shape for my knees!

So am visiting a saddler in a couple of weeks time - how much do you think I should budget for a decent GP in leather? Don't want anything really fancy, but it must be good for all riding club activities.

Exciting! :D

hey

If you have £600 (give or take) you could get a really decent second hand , well looked after Jeffries falcon or simialr.

hey

I think most saddlers would have the means to second hand saddles but I may be wrong.....

Around the £1000 I think for that saddle new?

my new leather gp was £750 ish. it's a collegiate.

you should be able to get a decent one for under £850. bates, ideal, black country and colligiate all do gp's for under £850 I think.

My brand new saddle company was £450, but I had got it reduced ;). Have seen the same one online though for £650!!

my brand new jeffries hawk event cost me just shy of £1000. jeffries have put their prices up since then. the native pony saddle i want for my welsh D has been costed at £800. i think if you had a grand to play with that would be sufficient. if it's a new leather dressage saddle, i'd have a bit more saved up. can highly recomend the hawk, suitable for all activities and a lovely saddle :)

newrider.com