Added more to my riding outfit

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
today i phursed some riding boots(which are the short kind jodpher boots) with them jodphers and my hat that is my ridng outfir complete for now until i get more advanced.

currently wearing them to before my lesson on Tuesday

Reactions: Calder and Trewsers

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
You might want to look for some chaps to go with your short boots, they protect your legs from the stirrup leathers. Or thick long socks over your jods will help.

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
You might want to look for some chaps to go with your short boots, they protect your legs from the stirrup leathers. Or thick long socks over your jods will help.

soory what are chaps? i though the shouter boots would help with the flexabiity a bit

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
Look up chaps on some of the saddlery sites such as Naylors. The short boots will help with flexibility, the chaps or thick socks are to protect your legs from the stirrup leathers.

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
i might llok into geting them some time but not right not well difenllty not before my lesson on tuesday i'll what i have sock wise then again when i started riidng i didn;t think i'd be geting anything off my own. don;t where i got that idea form :p

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
I definitely second the idea of getting half chaps to go with your jodhpur boots when you can. I still can't ride without them as my legs just get too sore & bruised from the stirrup leathers.

What hat did you go for? I miss having a jockey skull as you got to choose & change hat covers when you fancy, so will be jealous if you have one :)

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
no i don;t have one of those i have a slick hat so no chnageinng covers but i'm find with it

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
2nd the chaps with short boots. Some people are lucky and the stirrup leathers don't pinch through your jodphurs. They did with me. I also get black bruises on the inside of my legs where they pinch and knock against the leathers. I ride in long country boots so legs are protected. But in summer I do like jod boots and chaps as it's cooler than country boots.

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
2nd the chaps with short boots. Some people are lucky and the stirrup leathers don't pinch through your jodphurs. They did with me. I also get black bruises on the inside of my legs where they pinch and knock against the leathers. I ride in long country boots so legs are protected. But in summer I do like jod boots and chaps as it's cooler than country boots.
well i#ll guess i#ll found at on tuesday :p

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
If you do find you need some RayRay (and I suspect like everybody else that you will!) pm me your calf measurement and the measurement from behind your knee to roughly your ankle height - I have some really nice chaps left from old stock that I am almost giving away as I have a lot of new stock coming in - postage to the Uk only €7 (about £6 sterling) if i can sort something out in your size for you I will. :) (y)

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
well no brusies from any tack i don;t think but boots did rub on the waty to and form the ridng school but they probelly not really made to walk in :)

An_Riz

May 20, 2017
If you do find you need some RayRay (and I suspect like everybody else that you will!) pm me your calf measurement and the measurement from behind your knee to roughly your ankle height - I have some really nice chaps left from old stock that I am almost giving away as I have a lot of new stock coming in - postage to the Uk only €7 (about £6 sterling) if i can sort something out in your size for you I will. :) (y)
Would I be able to get in on this chap 'give away'?? :D I would be a small size, I could send you measurements later on. I live in Ireland too by the way! Let me know if you see this!

Reactions: Cortrasna

Calder

Jan 26, 2006
Oxford
Definitely agree on chaps (half-chaps, if you are confused - not the ones cowboys wear) with jodhpurs and jod boots.

Congratulations on the rest of your kit! It's a real milestone as a rider when you get your own hat and jods.

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Would I be able to get in on this chap 'give away'?? :D I would be a small size, I could send you measurements later on. I live in Ireland too by the way! Let me know if you see this!
Of course anything I sell is openly advertised for all to purchase - if you pm me your measurements I will look through and see what is here. :)

Reactions: An_Riz

An_Riz

May 20, 2017
Of course anything I sell is openly advertised for all to purchase - if you pm me your measurements I will look through and see what is here. :)
Actually sorry it wont let me PM you, when I click on your profile its private or something.. I will just write measurements here and maybe you can attempt to PM me if it works!

Height in cm from ankle to knee cap: 40cm, width of calf: 35cm. If you have anything suitable would you also send a pic if possible? :)

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Actually sorry it wont let me PM you, when I click on your profile its private or something.. I will just write measurements here and maybe you can attempt to PM me if it works!

Height in cm from ankle to knee cap: 40cm, width of calf: 35cm. If you have anything suitable would you also send a pic if possible? :)

How odd - I had no idea I was set at private I must alter that - very antisocial of me! :D Unfortunately most of the adult sizes in the ones I am selling off have now gone - nothing that would fit you I dont think.....I do have some lovely calf skin black leather ones in your size but they are €25 but 10% off in the sale just now so just €22.50?
https://www.facebook.com/Equestrian...991540297541/1534209516675736/?type=3&theater

Reactions: An_Riz

An_Riz

May 20, 2017
How odd - I had no idea I was set at private I must alter that - very antisocial of me! :D Unfortunately most of the adult sizes in the ones I am selling off have now gone - nothing that would fit you I dont think.....I do have some lovely calf skin black leather ones in your size but they are €25 but 10% off in the sale just now so just €22.50?
https://www.facebook.com/Equestrian...991540297541/1534209516675736/?type=3&theater
Aaah so you are the woman behind that page!! Im already following you so! Thats funny. Ireland is small indeed. Great thanks they look fab, might just get them off you. Will message you via Facebook if I decide to order. Thank you :)