Addiction to smart phone test

I use the nokia to check incoming emails a lot throughout the day, but only because our making a living depends on incoming enquries and responding quickly to them. In all honesty, sometimes I wish I could go back to having an old fashioned landline. Which meant when you went out you were out and if you missed a call they either rang back another time or not!
I do check ebay lots too, if I am selling, because I like to get stuff into the post fast. Got marked down for that once!!!

I don’t think I’m an addict, I rarely look at my phone unless I’m bored at work! I check it in the morning after I’ve got up, washed and dressed and rarely look at it in the evening,my family and friends now know not to expect an instant reply if they text me and on holiday it goes in the safe when I get there and I check it once a day just in case there has been an emergency.
Could I live without a smartphone? for sure, I’m a dinosaur where tech is concerned, if it can make calls and text it’s fine.

With ebay it's set to beep for a message or sale. So I do not check.
Emails are the same, I do not check.
But people these days do expect things yesterday and Amazon is partly to blame by offering the next day or even same day delivery. The only thing that needs delivering the same day Imo is blood.

My phone lives in the car. It is, therefore, a car phone.

There is no point it coming into the house - the nearest signal is 100 yards away where the car is parked. So there is no point.

Half of me hates being so accessible to others but I have a Cunning Plan. No one except my children and OH know my mobile number! Not even me!

I wouldn't say addicted as I have no internet connection when I leave the house. Occasionally I put on the mobile data to check the forecast when I'm out but then I turn it off.
I hardly use the main computer now, since having an internet phone. So when I do finally sit down in the evening i am on the phone browsing.
Admittedly I do find myself checking the phone during the day to see if I have any missed calls or texts though. Why I don't know, as nobody really contacts me. You can bet your life though when I don't have my phone on me thats when someone rings me.

For me the test said absent. I make a point of not using when I am not home- why would I need to look at anything?
Ok so today I took photos and uploaded them, but that's pretty much all is for.

Nobody calls me because I can't hear it! It doesn't matter what I do the ringtone doesn't go up. I disabled the answerphone. Txt or email.

I probably use mine more than I should but I enjoy the social aspect of fb and here as I don't really have much of a social life and as much as I try and talk to people nothing really changes!!

I do check it within 5 mins of waking up incase something has happened overnight with Ale or my family.

But I'm not addicted and I certainly don't spend 24 hours a week on it. Are those people on their phones at work as I really don't think that's okay? Someone I know spends his days watching films on his phone at WORK! How can you be paid to do nothing, I don't understand that.

Anyway I probably spend an hour max on it some days, other days barely 10 mins if I'm busy!

Reactions: Trewsers
I think it also depends on what you do?

I probably do spend 24 hours in a week online - but I have my work emails and some work documents on my phone as if something urgent comes up outside of office hours, I do need to respond.

I also check regularly throughout the day if my OH has contacted me in an emergency. But there's a legitimate reason for that, too!

I only really use FB for posting pictures of Pete and for a few horsey groups, as I have to be careful what I post due to work. I'd give it up (and have done) but my yard has a FB group and would miss too much information.

When I worked with horses, I just checked my phone for texts between getting off one and on another for emergencies.

I would worry if I didn't have my phone on me when out riding, for example as I hack alone. I don't think that's an addiction, but just a reasonable safety messure. I wouldn't think twice to turn it off at dinner though.

I use Whatsapp and Skype a lot as my Brother lives in Australia - so we keep in touch that way. I also have a Whatsapp group for my team, as I work across 2-3 offices it's an easy way to check people are ok and sort out coffee orders!

I have a laptop (work), tablet and phone - but wouldn't have a laptop if I didn't need it for work.

newrider.com