Albion Firecracker 2009-2019

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Gorgeous Albi crossed the rainbow bridge this morning :(

He was diagnosed with PSSM back in the summer after 18m of weird, degenerative symptoms and despite Jill sticking to the recommended intensive exercise and feeding regime, his muscles had just basically seized him up. The vets were baffled and suspected a second myopathy. Albs was meant to have a muscle biopsy on Weds but had deteriorated so quickly in the last week that Jill didn't feel it was worth putting him through even more pain. I've done a couple of mercy dashes over this last week when we thought it was time. He tied up pretty badly on Saturday, just from hoolying in the field, (needed a vet visit and pain-relieving injection) so a retired life would never have suited him. Jill had my total support in her decision. He's now at peace and pain free. He was one in a thousand million.... and only 10.

Screenshot_20191129-130313_Facebook-600x926.jpg

How sad to read this, hope you are okay. Not easy at all especially when they are so young

Oh how sad and what a gorgeous boy. That's so unfair, so young. So sorry.

So sorry @domane so very sad to read. It’s very evident how much both you and Jill loved him. Run free Albi, beautiful boy xx

Gorgeous Albi crossed the rainbow bridge this morning :(

He was diagnosed with PSSM back in the summer after 18m of weird, degenerative symptoms and despite Jill sticking to the recommended intensive exercise and feeding regime, his muscles had just basically seized him up. The vets were baffled and suspected a second myopathy. Albs was meant to have a muscle biopsy on Weds but had deteriorated so quickly in the last week that Jill didn't feel it was worth putting him through even more pain. I've done a couple of mercy dashes over this last week when we thought it was time. He tied up pretty badly on Saturday, just from hoolying in the field, (needed a vet visit and pain-relieving injection) so a retired life would never have suited him. Jill had my total support in her decision. He's now at peace and pain free. He was one in a thousand million.... and only 10.

View attachment 100717
Sad to hear that. I enjoyed your adventures

newrider.com