Albion saddles...

Love them, on the lookout for a jumping saddle at the moment and will only consider Albion :D

If you're not familiar with the sizings be aware that they do come up small (I find an Albion medium is more like a Narrow-medium in other saddles)

Depends how old they are.

Personally I wouldn't touch one with a 20 foot barge pole.

I had one & I'm sure it wasn't symmetrical. My old cob (lovely stoichal lad that he was) never complained but P got very crabby about wearing it, even though it appeared to fit her. I wouldn't have one again, I'm a bit of a convert to injection moulded trees now - they do guarantee that (when new at least) the saddle tree will be symmetrical.

i would agree with wally... the reason i got into bowen and saddle fitting was because of these saddles, a friend bought two at £1,100 a piece and neither was symetrical and caused the horse i used to ride to have a very sore back:eek: :eek: This particular saddle had nine faults with it:eek: :eek: and the workmanship was appalling IMO!!!!!! and i have seen others as bad!!! and i would certainly never put one on a horse of mine!!!!!

I had a saddler to my yard recently and he was highly critical of Albions, seemed to think that the points in all but the K2 are far too long and impinge the shoulder movement.

Personally I don't find them comfy for me at all, the seams along the seat of the saddle seem to be right where my seatbones are! Me & Albions don't mix at all!

I also had one. A Albion Selecta with the change able panels, from GP, to Jumping to dressage. But now I wouldn't touch one! It gave poor Sam a really bad back, so much so that when I'd finished riding he phisicaly couldn't put his head down, it was almost as if something in his back/neck had locked. Was very distressing to see him like it. I now have a Wintec 2000 and have had no problems at all. Never again!

Stacy x

The new K2 was my first choice as my next saddle when we're up to full fitness again, they seem the only ones with a wide enough gullet all the way down, would like to hear more, can anyone with valid opinions please PM me as I am saddle paranoid as it is :(

Ooh this is interesting! 2 people at my yard have the exact same albion saddle both of which I tried on Dylan when I was saddleless. One of then fitted nicely and yet the other was too small and sat perched on his withers. :confused:

This same horse is having behaviour problems and after having had a profile taken the owner has been told that she has some muscle damage on one side probably caused by the saddle.

I wonder if it is a crooked saddle?

i always just had the opinion of "expensive" and now it looks like they're not even worth paying out for :eek:

Oh my god, a lightbulb just pinged above my head! Phantom used to buck in the canter transition, and in trot, all the time, and he had an albion selecta! Evil saddle! I thought Albions were great but obviously they are not :mad:

He has never bucked in his treeless, how strange :rolleyes:

I know an awful lot about Albion saddles.....to my shame!

Wally can you give me some more info, how old would you class as old (untouchable?) for an albion saddle, all the saddles we have are albion!!:eek:

Me too Wally please if you dont mind, before I part with £1000 :eek:

newrider.com