Ale is doing amazingly well.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I'm so so happy! Obviously we are still a long way off him being recovered. Another 2.5 months before they reckon he can go in the field, that will be 6 months in.

But he can now manage 2 x 13 minute walks everyday, his leg is staying really cool between most of them. And I am gradually increasing the time up to 20 mins and then he can start attempting to trot.

Can I also just say how impressed I am with his behaviour!

Everyone keeps coming up to me and telling me he was the last horse they thought would adjust to being in. But apart from a couple of blips and getting a bit grumpy at times he has been amazing so far. He even gave me a kiss the other day which he has never done before!!!

Really hope he keeps on improving so well and being so good, just another 9/10 weeks of inhand stuff and then a rescan to see if he can be turned away. Everyone keep your fingers crossed please. The vets are not too sure how well its going to heal as apparently there is a ton of scar tissue so it may unfortunatly be something he never really comes back from but we will deal with that when we know for sure.

I have changed my whole life for him..lost friends, changed jobs, sold my car etc etc so just want him well and back out being a pony :)

I am so happy that Ale is responding well to his treatment. I think I said to you at the outset that you might find your relationship improving - after all, you are bringing him all the enjoyment and variety that he has right now! I certainly found this when Ziggy was on box rest. It's a really bonding time.

Fingers crossed the trotting goes well.:happy:

Glad to hear a good update. He sounds like a lovely horse. Box rest can get so hard for some of them. Our Joe spent such a lot of his life being box rested but he coped amazingly well. Fingers crossed he heals nicely. You must be doing him good - he will love your visits.

It is all sounding very positive, what a good boy he is too behaving so well. It never ceases to amaze me how well the vast majority of horses will accept box rest when it is essentials to their well being and recovery. It is almost as thought they know and understand don't they?:smile:

That's great news, I am sure its good for you to be able to do in hand things as well.
I know when I was allowed to graze the cob inhand for twenty minutes, we both looked forward to it. It makes time so precious.
I used to pick herbs as well, she enjoyed the change.

Losing friends is a shame.

newrider.com