Aleiversary

Honestly I don't know about you all but I think I don't admit enough to myself how much he means to me. I think of the horse he is now compared to when I first met him and how I helped to shape that. And also how he helped to shape me into who I am.

He's just the best thing I've ever done and has been the light in my life so many times. Bad day or good he's there waiting for his carrot or me to move the fence or anything else food related. And he's there to chase away other people and make me laugh.

I'm so pleased I stopped riding him, for now he is stable and doesn't seem in pain. And these last few years he's been the happiest he's ever been. He's made new friends, mastered clicker training, accepted my trimmer as a new bff, made me proud so many times and just given me purpose really.

Anyway to the best and only Ale I know!

I love the expression he's wearing in the last picture. Almost regal looking. There goes a horse that knows he's worshipped! Wonderful, you both deserve each other - and I always love to hear about him. You are so positive about him and he's lucky to have you making all these nice additions to his life. I love your area of hard standing - it looks fab. What a lucky pony. xx

Have to say Ale, I know exactly what that 'smitten by a Haflinger' feeling is like! I love your boy, he's got such a kissable nose, but I am biased. Happy Aleiversary and absolutely agree with @Trewsers on the lucky pony bit too. x

Reactions: MrA and Huggy
Lucky you and lucky him! I know exactly what you mean about being part of shaping the horse - I'm in the early stages of that journey with Hogan, and will count myself lucky if I achieve half of what you have with each other. Lovely.

Reactions: Trewsers and MrA
@Ale you did tell me once before what those tiles are that you have for him to stand on - could you tell me again pls? I showed mr t and he thought they looked such a good idea.

I think there the Mud Control Mats. They have there own facebook page.
They are expensive but the reviews seem to be good.

newrider.com