All set for winter and stormy weather

Getting my winter togs out ready for the coming stormy cold weather. My pink neck warmer was a secret Santa present a few years ago still going strong. And a hat I bought in Devon earlier this year. I cannot abide being cold.

What are you go to winter outfits ??
Feel free to post a pic.
View attachment 109520
Love it! Very jolly and cosy!

Reactions: Native Lover
I dug out my Horseware jackets a few weeks ago as the weather turned sooner than expected up here. I know it's winter when those come out, they had been washed and hung away up here in the wardrobe. They are great because they zip right up to the chin. I go through a lot of them when it's wet though. I bought three of them one year in the Eileen Douglas sale and they are still going strong. I'll have to get mr trews to do a photo lol

I’ve dozens of coats and waterproof top layers as like @Trewsers can go though them when the weather is bad. I have a couple of woolly hats but only wear them if it’s well below zero, my wide brimmed waterproof hats are my absolute essentials. I never wear scarfs tho as can’t bare the bulk around my neck, I do have a faux roll neck T-shirt, it’s just the neck and enough to tuck in your jumper neck, not bulky and easy to peel off if you get warm 😁

Reactions: Trewsers
Ive got a buff which i wear round my neck, i pull it up over my head to look like granny if my heads getting cold. Particularly if my ears get cold, i get a headache quickly. I then wear my woolly hat over my buff.

Ive got my tatty hiviz bomber jacket. No longer water proof and loads of holes but its warm.

I tend to wear leggings under my jeans and then some thin waterproofs over the top. Again not waterproof but 3 layers i can be very toasty.

The other thing I have more than one of at the ready is boots! I can really only wear the Dublin Pinnacle ones now (I get plantar wotsit and end up barely able to walk if I wear other non supporting boots). I have (it sounds frivolous but really isn't) four pairs of them. Though two are pretty waterproof still the others are not, so I can wear them for one or two sessions and then swap once the wet gets into them. I guess winter is all about having enough of the basics and spares like @MrC has - definitely.

Reactions: Huggy and MrC
I'm so over the cold weather. I'm just about hanging on in there, dreaming about riding in summer trainers & vest tops again!

Reactions: Native Lover
I double in size over Winter! Today I wore a tee shirt under a jumper with a body warmer on top, and then a coat. Two pairs of socks, gloves and a hat!

This is my favourite winter jacket. I loved it so much I bought another in the same colour (and half price in the Eileen Douglas online sale one year). Also have it in blue. It's very snug and warm.
IMG_20211128_105454.jpg

Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com