Allan and Page C&C

Mattie gets Fast Fibre during the summer and Calm and Condition in the winter.

Last winter he got really ribby quite suddenly in February and C&C topped him up brilliantly in not much time at all.

to those of you who replied, how much do you feed, do you feed to guideline amount!?

I started off feeding what I thought was ''about right'' turns out it was only about 320grams, recommended is 500-1250 on the bag.....I doubled it and weighed it and for 2 scoops (double what he is on atm) is 700grams so might start giving him that amount and see cos havnt noticed a change BUT he has only been on it a very short time!! :redface:

I soak two Stubbs scoops (can't remember off-hand what that weighs - it's on the back of the bag) and feed that between three of them; it equates to two soaked scoops a day each.

I soak two Stubbs scoops (can't remember off-hand what that weighs - it's on the back of the bag) and feed that between three of them; it equates to two soaked scoops a day each.

1 scoop is approx 1.5 kilos and I checked last night the 700grams he will now be getting (which is double what I have been giving) is 2 3rds of a scoop so im going to split it between two feeds and see how he goes on the 700grams! Receommended is 500-1250 so he will be in the middle but on the lower end of it!

1 scoop is approx 1.5 kilos and I checked last night the 700grams he will now be getting (which is double what I have been giving) is 2 3rds of a scoop so im going to split it between two feeds and see how he goes on the 700grams! Receommended is 500-1250 so he will be in the middle but on the lower end of it!

That would be about right then, mine get about a kilo each unsoaked :)

I used c&c last year for my (very prone to weight loss!) TB, and I found it conditioned really well but I didn't notice any calming effects!!

It doesn't have any calming effects, it's just meant to be cereal free that's why it's called calm!

I won't feed it as it contatins speedibeet, which is 5% sugar, plus Alfalfa which is another feed my horse doesn't get on with (skinny tb owner!)

Yeah there's no calmer in it, and I will give a warning, it's not as low starch as you'd expect - 20%. Much higher than I like to feed - the sugar, I believe, is pectin (unmolassed sugar beet contains pretty much only pectin) which is not like sucrose etc and is highly digestible by horses giving no such issues as fructose and molasses etc.

well so far I havnt noticed ANY change in condition in a good way, if anything he dropped, I went away for 8 days and on my return last thursday he had actually dropped but is looking a little better now. If he isnt looking any different by the weekend I am going to try something else as I do not want him going into the winter with no rib coverage!! Have been recommended by a few friends the TopSpec TopChaf (alfalfa chaff) and TopSpec Cool Conditioning Cubes with oil as he has now so will see what he looks like at the weekend and if still no change (almost to the end of my C&C bag) then will change! Again........... :-(

newrider.com