Alot of interest for this forum earlier!

Good evening Outrider

Black labs,Ive had them for over 27 years,I would not like to think how many miles we have walked and would not be without one.Despite the odd bouts of destruction :eek:
Poppy said she can see why there 'mans' best friend.
This is not strictly true, but....
Know alls and ignorance, its human, but what a pain.
That was a good one you mentioned,about 1st you have to let yourself be insulted,I will remember that,never come across that saying, but how true.
Seeya
Fred

there is a lab. doggie at a yard where a friend keeps her horse and i went to help her out for a day and this lab. came hurtling towards me with a horse ball in his mouth...but he was running a wee bit fast and colided straight into me...and then expected me to play with him!

Labs just naturally go with horse people! Mine loves his horse ball...at least as long as it lasts! He also likes to jump at me floppy and tackle me to get me to play with. Luckily, he doesn't do that with strangers. He is still just a pup at a year and a half but weighs about 85 pounds! Lots of fun! I don't take him to the stables as he just barks and barks at all the horses. I still need to get him used to that. Happy Trails and Lab licks!

the resident cowboy at the yard where my cousin keeps her horse has just got 2 new blakc lab pups...he already has a fully grown one that goes out on rides with him but the 2 pups get a blanket in the horses stable to lie on until he returns form his ride...sooo cute!:D
i wish i could take on of my dogs out riding with me but that is askign the impossible...

Hi floppy,I just noticed about the lab pup's.
They are cute, maybe Outrider we will be changing the name of this thread to,A Lot of Interest in Labradors too.I would not let my lab any where near a saddle, she gets brassed off with me coming home smelling of horses,hehe.
Mine, miss Sally {ebony-cherub, proper name}is 12 yrs old this week

Anyway, take care,I had noticed you missing,wondered if one of those crazy horses had carted you off !! :p
Fred

who was missing?
i would take my dogs out riding..but the st bernard wouldnt last long and the little doggies would run off chasing other dogs or getting stepped on by big horses!:)

what about hunting dogs? can they count too? There is not a lab in sight at the ranch where I board, but we do have a venerable old hunting dog (not sure what breed) named Red Girl (because she's red and a girl...creative isn't it). She goes on rides with everyone and even keeps the horses off the porch. Can't say I care for labs personally, but to each his own!

Allie

newrider.com