Alpha-Bute anyone??

VickyS

Indy monster :)
Mar 25, 2008
County Durham-England
Hi,
just wondering if anyones tried it with their horse and what they thought of it? its surposed to be a natural painkiller but is not based on devils claw. also formaly know as bute-X I think.

any info would be great:)

Daffy has been on it for about 3 weeks now for footsoreness.

It's definitely helped him - he's been on a low maintenance level. His hocks (OCD in both) have also improved.

My only concern with it at the moment is that he potentially has a hoof abcess brewing, and if it works as an anti-inflammatory like Bute, it may be preventing it coming to the surface. I need to ring them tomorrow and ask about that.

I started indy with it on friday and have now built up to a mediumish dose and he's definatly a lot less lame,however,hes also in until Ican get him back out on his own(either mon or tues) so it may just be the rest thats helped:rolleyes: il continue to build him up with it and just have to see if he continues to be better once hes out again.really hope so.

at work we use it. we used it on Hoss when he got gelded and it helped nicely and used it ALOT on Beauty when she cut her belly and got staff it works rather nicely for us no nasty side effects

newrider.com