Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Altogether now- And wipe

Discussion in 'Money Saving Ideas, Tips and Remedies' started by newforest, Feb 22, 2018.

1. newforest

newforest She's not fat, she's too short :-)

Your number plates.

Friend and I got stopped because hers were dirty and not readable.
    You can be fined for this but she had a nice chap who just have her a warning and she found something to clean it with.
    Me, well after I came up 'no trace' (because they like to check passengers) I embarrassed myself by saying quite loudly ' mines fit take your time with your details' :rolleyes::p I too had a nice chap and went a little scarlet. ;)

Aren't they young!!!

2. Cortrasna

Cortrasna Grumpy old nag

I think you are turning into an old Cougar - but yes I have seen more mature upholders of law and order coming out of junior school - a handsome young man fresh out of 5th form saved my life last autumn in A&E - I didn't know should I thank him for his trouble or hand him a bag of jelly tots! :D:D

3. newforest

What I should put in the title is have a dirty plate and see what talent stops you.
    Seriously @Cortrasna one didn't look old enough to drive the car!

Jessey, HaloHoney and Cortrasna like this.
  4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

Haha you're terrible you lot :p It is a good point though, this time of year its surprising how quickly your number plates are un-readable

newforest likes this.
  6. Trewsers

Trewsers Well-Known Member

Hahahaa. When we had the first Landy our plates became un readable and someone did warn us!!! Everyone thought it was a right old shed on wheels lol it was brand new - but we did have a horrible habit of either getting stuck in ditches plus our road was unmade and dreadful!

7. chunky monkey

chunky monkey Well-Known Member

One went past me yesterday while I was out having a little carriage drive. It was a fancy land rover. The number plate was total illegible with the mud.
    I failed an MOT test one year as the garage said my number plate was illegible. Not due to mud, it was because a stone had flown up and cracked it. There was an indent in the plate and it was bent in at the stone impact point. I questioned the garage as they had MOT'ed it for 5 years previous and never failed it. Cheek of it.

8. newforest

I didn't realise it can be a £1000 fine. It's been so wet and muddy is easy to forget.

9. CharliesAngel

CharliesAngel Well-Known Member

10. newforest

I think there was a thread about the owner mirrors the horse, or was it the other way round.
    Maybe I need her supplement. :p

Jessey and CharliesAngel like this.
The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties