An addition to the family!

flump1967

May 19, 2005
new forest
After much, much searching all over the entire country we finally found Mr Flumps' new horse just down the road from us in Brockenhurst - literally a 10 minute drive away!

His name is Basil and he is a strawberry roan cob, originally imported from Belgium as a youngster, he is now 12 years old and has been in a local riding stables for the past 5 years so is well used to the terrain of the New Forest.

Apparently whilst he was at the RS he was ridden by Matt Baker for a TV programme so that is his "claim to fame"!

We had very much wanted another Highland but when we saw Basil we immeadiately fell for him, Highland or not. There is just something about him. He is a very freindly boy, like our Arns and they are in adjoining fields at the mo with a plan to go in together next week.

First signs are that they will be great mates ...

1.jpg
[/IMG]

4.jpg
[/IMG]

3.jpg
[/IMG]

He may not be a highland - but he's :wub::wub: all the same! Can't believe that you found Mr Flump a horse 10 mins down the road - it was meant to be.

Ooh lovely! So pleased you have found 'the one'!! I need more details - age, height, as much as you've got!!! Has OH ridden him?

So pleased though and looks like him and Arns will be great mates!!

Congratulations, he is stunning.

I will look forward to hearing more about him :biggrin:

Can't believe you found him so close, he looks lovely! Hope he settles well and I'll look forward to updates and more pics :biggrin:

he's lovely, what does his passport say as the head says comtois to me though the rest of him doesnt- you can check on his microchip and maybe able to find his history over there.

he's lovely, they will make a nice pair together

newrider.com