An "oops" moment

happyhacker101

Mar 19, 2007
scotland
Next time we have heavy rain and I have to collect my son from his friends house - I shall remember to take the 4x4 rather than my wee micra!

Just had a "oh f**k" moment as nearly got stuck in a flooded bit of road - very high water and I thought my car had had it as not sure where the air intake is and the water came up very high, car struggled but got through on a wing and a prayer!

Pets all fed, son home - that's it, time to batten down the hatches for the night:help:

Ha ha, glad the wee micra made it! I was planning on curling up in a ball and pretending I was on a hot, sunny beach somewhere, but I've just remembered my friend has something that I'm going to need for tomorrow! Ugh...out in the rain it is then...fingers crossed the wee Audi makes it!

That reminds me of many years ago when I had one of the earlier minis - in very wet weather I had to drive with my wellys on cos the road water whooshed up into the car! The boys loved it - thought it very exciting! :giggle: Apparently it was a design fault - I am assuming that they no longer have this little quirk?:biggrin:

ooooh - just had a thought - having just read FM's tale of woe about the new BMW mini's - wonder if she needs wellys too when driving it?:bounce:

^
That made me smile - my dad used to moan about the old minis - said they had rubbish brakes and as a teenager, I wasnt allowed out with boys who owned one!!

ooooh - just had a thought - having just read FM's tale of woe about the new BMW mini's - wonder if she needs wellys too when driving it?:bounce:

LOL Cortrasna, nope, just a parasol to keep the sunroof cool so it will open:happy:.
We used to have that problem on our school bus - double decker that used to take on an almighty amount of water any time it went through a puddle. Was a nightmare, no one wanted to sit on the bottom deck on a rainy day, you were guaranteed to be soaked.

All my old minis where the same with flooding. I also used to have to put tin foil behind the front grill as they all got temperamental about starting and continuing to run in the rain!

I learnt more about cars from those cars than i have in all the other years since.

That reminds me of many years ago when I had one of the earlier minis - in very wet weather I had to drive with my wellys on cos the road water whooshed up into the car! The boys loved it - thought it very exciting! :giggle: Apparently it was a design fault - I am assuming that they no longer have this little quirk?:biggrin:

LOL we'd a mini that was like that, I thought it was just ours!

I remember a day D'Mother was driving and we were coming along a road that was partly flooded, car came the other way (dunno if he did this on purpose or not) he drove through the flood really fast, and a huge 'tidal wave' reared right over our mini, both of us ducked! I think that was the only time we went through water that it didn't come up through the floor! :giggle:

newrider.com