angry

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
Some idiot rear ended our land rover over 2 weeks ago now, it’s been in for repair and each day the day to get it back gets put back!

Really wouldn’t be bothered if I didn’t need it, not for towing the horses don’t mind missing things like that and we don’t need it for the snow. But I do need it for getting hay! That’s over a week now I’ve needed hay and I literally have no hay now and find it bloody annoying that I have it waiting at my supplier with no way of getting it! Didn’t realise how much of a necessity it was (car and hay lol). Feel awful grovelling for hay from fellow livery.

Not sure what to be more frustrated with, people that don’t leave enough braking space from the car in front. Or the body shop that seem to deem a new bumper and tow bar takes nearly 2 weeks to fit ? Wondering if because its insurance work they drag out to get more money ?!

Big PARP sounds to it – hoping tomorrow might be the day we get it back now!

Best bet is to annoy the insurance company, they will then annoy the garage. If the insurance company get complaints about their approved repairers then they will make decisions not to use them in the future. Garages will not want to lose their business, so while I agree with PF that insurance jobs are not prioritised, if you apply pressure via your insurer then they 'should' respond.

Thanks for the heads up – will get OH to apply some nice pressure, he will be more diplomatic then me *embarrassed* when my horses are involved I have no patience sadly.

K hun – thanks for offer but my guys supplies in 40 at a time lol

Hey, did you not get a replacement car from the insurance company? Because a complete idiot bumped into my car and it wasn't my fault I just said to the insurance that I needed a 4x4 as a replacement and it had to have a tow bar! I got a massive big '08 plate discovery! Woohoo, happy bunny! (although how on earth people can afford fuel for that thing I'll never know) and it was to replace the most clapped out '96 plate Rav4! x

Are you trying to say my Micra can't take 40 bales :lol:

Guy text you about just his own liveries supplies thought he could help you out though ;) Waiting on Libby getting back to me.. I would ask my YO but we don't have much left at all... I think Holly will be going on haylage soon (I am also sure she won't complain)

Hey, did you not get a replacement car from the insurance company? Because a complete idiot bumped into my car and it wasn't my fault I just said to the insurance that I needed a 4x4 as a replacement and it had to have a tow bar! I got a massive big '08 plate discovery! Woohoo, happy bunny! (although how on earth people can afford fuel for that thing I'll never know) and it was to replace the most clapped out '96 plate Rav4! x

We had an manual 05 plate Discovery lol it got replaced while in for repair with a auto 59 plate BMW X5 but no tow bar, insurance said none of their courtesy cars have tow bars. But like yours our insurance is meant to cover a like for like comparison. Sadly the kerb weights differ greatly, the X5 we have is only 2400 capacity and our discovery was 3500. Even if it did have a tow bar I wouldn’t be legal as my trailers MAM is 2700 so over the capacity of the X5.

Lol about the fuel. We don’t find ours goes through too much. We have found the X5 very thirsty in comparison!! And bloody lethal in the snow, can’t wait to hand it back

Are you trying to say my Micra can't take 40 bales :lol:

Guy text you about just his own liveries supplies thought he could help you out though ;) Waiting on Libby getting back to me.. I would ask my YO but we don't have much left at all... I think Holly will be going on haylage soon (I am also sure she won't complain)

Lol I wouldn’t want to ruin your car with hay hun either!!

Thanks for searching for me hun, if we can make it through tonight and tomorrow hoping by tomorrow evening if its not snowing I can eventually go get some. (if they don’t give it back tomorrow I will be proper fuming!)

Found tonnes of haylage in my search I just know that both my lads seem to react tummy wise even when I have kept it very very minimal and mixed with hay! They seem to sniff the stuff and colic!

I know how you feel! I've been driving a replacement car for 3 weeks now and the garage only rang me yesterday to say the parts had arrived so they could begin work and I should expect it to take another 10 days!

Do you have a soliciters involved in the claim already? Because it you do they will be able to pursue reclaiming any added costs you've incurred from not having your own car, ie. the added fuel cost (I'm spending £30 a week more driving a petrol compared to my diesel) and the cost of paying someone to collect/ deliver hay for you. As long a you get a reciept I dont see why you wouldnt have a claim to get it back, might take a while but at least you wouldnt be out of pocket...

Last edited:
got it back today...... but they forgot to replace out stabiliser brackets:mad: and on telling them said they'd take it back and it would be another week or 2 weeks:eek:

unhappy phone call will be followed by a complaint letter, reason for not replacing them was they didn't know what they were - why not just ring then:confused:

sofi - no solicitors involved, oh didn't want to claim for injury etc he just wanted a simple straight forward claim against the guy that hit him, not that that has been the case! OH did tell them today they needed to get their act together otherwise they would be getting a bill for hay, and was blunt enough to say or two dead horses cause we can't get hay. They seem to be helping us now

newrider.com