Another shameless I love my horse post.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Well I do, she's just so good, today after a week and a half at the new yard she walked herself in, through the hay store, through the doorway, across the barn and into her stable. I put her head collar on in the field, opened the gate, chucked the lead rope over her neck and asked her to walk with me, that's what I got and I didn't touch her or the lead rope once. When she does things like that it makes me realise what a good horse she is.
One of the other liveries was watching and she said ' Oh wow, I so wish my horse was that well behaved' I like to think it's because she knows and trusts me too though.

Reactions: Trewsers and domane
That's lovely. I think it's so nice when they trust you and are so relaxed. It's one of the nicest things about ownership, the bond like you have with her, and just really knowing you can do just about anything together on the ground.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
That's lovely. I think it's so nice when they trust you and are so relaxed. It's one of the nicest things about ownership, the bond like you have with her, and just really knowing you can do just about anything together on the ground.
Thank you Trewsers, I often wonder 'do we have a bond?' as I can't quite believe it to be honest, it's such a special feeling and I love it, but then I watch her with other people (my OH for example) and I can really see how different she is with them. I remember when I first got her and I couldn't ever imagine loving her (was still smarting over Oscar at the time) but now, oh boy she's got me wrapped round her hooves good and proper, she really is my horse of a lifetime.

Reactions: Trewsers
Yes I think the real test of a relationship is seeing how your horse is with other folk. It's also funny when I deal with other horses - my mates Arab for instance. Any time I put him into the pen to sort his rug, my Flipo looks mightily cheesed off. Reminds me how much he takes me for granted lol, and so he should.
Glad belle is settling well, lovely thread!

Yes I think the real test of a relationship is seeing how your horse is with other folk. It's also funny when I deal with other horses - my mates Arab for instance. Any time I put him into the pen to sort his rug, my Flipo looks mightily cheesed off. Reminds me how much he takes me for granted lol, and so he should.
Glad belle is settling well, lovely thread!

Do you think Flipo is jealous?! I sometimes wonder if Storm gets jealous of the attention I give Chloe. Then wonder if I am just humanising them too much! She probably convinces herself that Chloe's getting food, when in fact she isn't.....

newrider.com